LaundryCleaning

Shirt Collars Will Not Iron Flat

I have a number of expensive, all cotton shirts. Unfortunately, the collars have become badly 'dented' and creased to the point where they will not iron flat.

Does anybody have advice on how I can remove these dents and deep creases? It's almost as if the collars have some material inside that has permanently deformed, and no, I am not talking about the collar stiffeners. Any help much appreciated.

By Jeffers from Oxford, UK

The only thing I can think of to try is while the shirts are still wet place the collars on a flat surface and try rubbing the fabric flat with your fingers. I am not sure if it will work or not but it seems to me that whatever 'filler' is inside the collars might be more pliable when wet. Let us know if it works because I'll venture to bet there are others out there with the same problem.

Thanks. My wife normally irons my shirts (!) but I'm going to have a good look this weekend to see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Just had another thought and that is besides trying to rub the collars with your fingers while wet but to also then go ahead and iron while wet.