Here is a craft to do at the beach this summer! What a great keepsake for the memories.
- plaster of Paris
- Ziplock bag (quart size or bigger)
- dowel rod
- water (salt water works fine too)
- sandy beach!
- In packed moist sand, have child push down and make their handprint.
- Arrange seashells collected from the beach upside down inside of the handprint.
- In a Ziplock back filled with 1 1/2 cups of plaster of Paris, add 1 cup of water (salt water works too). Seal the bag and mix completely.
- Pour the plaster into the handprint, using the dowel rod if needed to spread into the fingers.
- Press the dowel rod into the palm of the handprint. Allow to dry.
- Carefully remove the sandy hand print keepsake.
- I used a Sharpie marker to write my child's name on the dowel rod as well as the beach and year. I also sprayed the entire keepsake with acrylic to seal, but both of these are optional.
Use in a plant/ flower pot to keep all of those beach memories close. Just stick the dowel rod into the soil and enjoy!
By Jayme from Harrisonburg, VA
July 20, 20090 found this helpful
This is such a great idea. I wish my kids were little again. I don't think my teenagers would go for this, LOL, but for kids 1 to 10, ahh!
July 26, 20090 found this helpful
Maggs, Don't kid yourself, even teenagers would go for this wonderful hand print! Yes they would!
I just love this idea! Thanks!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 3, 2016 at 6:11:22 AM on 10.0.1.112 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us