"Colonial Lady" Pillowcase Pattern

Does anyone know where to find a pattern for the "Colonial Lady" or "southern belle" type of embroidery pattern that you used to do on the edge of a pillow? You embroidered the head and upper body, and then crocheted the "skirt" on the edge of the pillowcase. I am looking for either already stamped pillowcases or an iron-on transfer pattern.

Where is Lee Wards when I need them?

Judy from Altoona, PA

I remembered seeing this pattern in Herrschners, Inc. catalog, but I guess it was in an earlier edition (I just checked the "Winter Sale" one). In any event, you could try their Web site, www.herrschners.com and ask them if they still carry it. Also, do you have a Michael's, JoAnn's or Hobby Lobby near you? They have Web sites, too: think they are their names with the usual dot coms. Good luck!

you can go to colonialpatterns.com, they have the southern belle motifs for $1.30 each. these are the iron on type, and then you embroidery the design, i am not sure if the lower part of the dress that hangs over the edge of the pillowcase is crocheted or what, but it does hang over the edge of the pillowcase border from what i saw. all the patterns for the colonial and southern belle patterns are located in the linens and vintage section. i hope this helps you with your project.

A page full of Southern Belles that iron on

http://www.effi  t%20Patterns.htm

Hi Judy,

I've been looking for sun bonnet Sue's as well. Try a search for "sun bonnet sue embroidery transfer" on ebay.

Cheers, Laura

p.s. I'm also going to check out our neighbourhood Salvation Army Thrift Store and a local craft store.

Herrshners carries this, if you go to their site and search for "southern belle" you get the pillowcase kits and the thread kits, which are sold separately.

here is a link to the search

http://www.herr  n+belle&tab=

http://www.sewa  lady-series.html

Here you go. I have been looking for these too.

Sent in by Email:

In response to the lady trying to find Colonial Lady Pillowcase patterns: You will find these patterns in Annie's Attic Catalog.

By Marsha from Houston, Texas

I am looking for cutwork pillow cases. The skirt of the lady is completely crocheted. Can anyone help?

RE: "Colonial Lady" Pillowcase Pattern,you may try Aunt Martha's transfer patterns to iron on your pillowcases. I have found those iron on transfer patterns at Joann's Fabric Store and Michael's Craft Store. Good Luck in finding them.

I have this pattern and the pillowcases. If you wish to contact me by EMail, maybe I can help you out.

Knitting Queen

You can find these iron on transfers at www.colonialpatterns.com they are the old Aunt Martha's patterns.

I have done a pair with a lady holding a fan, I need the crochet skirt pattern. Can anyone help? Thank you, Denny

If there is anyone still out that that has this pattern and wouldn't mind sharing it, my mom has been looking for it for years and I've been trying to help. She would love a copy. Thank you!