Plastic Lids Work as Small Dry Eraser Boards

Margarine or butter container lids make great dry erase boards. You can use washable markers on them or dry erase markers on them. I cut the rim off of the top of the margarine container lid and make a hole with an icepick. Then put a twistie tie through the hole and clothes pin it to the kitchen blinds. I'll probably cut the next one into a square and put it on the bedroom or front door for messages. I may or may not decorate them later.

By Robyn from Hampton

I used this once with a dry eraser marker and then had trouble getting it off. So I started using washable markers to write on them with, and wash it off with a moist tissue. I still love it but not sure why the dry erase marker will not wipe off after the second time. Oh well! Robyn

What a good idea for teachers or for teaching kids at home too. Thank you.

My daughter found a similiar way to leave notes...our back door has a big window in it. Instead of leaving me paper notes, that inevitably get lost before I get them, she leaves me notes written in dry erase markers on the back door window. I see it, as soon as I walk in the door and it easily cleans off with windex & paper towel.

Where I live a 4" red disk is all that's needed to post one's land indicating no hunting. For greater visibility I use ice cream lids. give them a quick scratching with course sand paper and spray red paint. I screw these into the trees and change them every few years. These last much longer than the plastic No Hunting signs.

Great idea! One place this would be really handy in is the car! For keeping lists of places to go on. I'm forever forgetting to go here or go there. This would remind me. And I could tie it onto my steering wheel without it being in the way while I drive!

Wonderful idea!

2 lods turned back to back and fatsened with a little brad (paper fastener) in the center make a great card holder for little children who have trouble holding playing cards. Just slip the card between the lids and hold onto the circle.

Plastic Lid Photo Ornament
Uses for Plastic Lids
Organizing Memory TricksMarch 5, 2009
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
Cleaning Plastic Cutting Boards
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Plastic Lid Man
Crafts Using Plastic Lids
metal pan lid
Organizing Lids