Use Sticky Notes To Track Credit Card Balances

I've been reading "sticky-notes" ideas and was reminded of one of my own uses. I use the smallest notes (and I divide them in half). Then I stick them to my credit cards with a notation of the available balance remaining on that card - just dollars, rounded up, no cents, no dollar sign. I also have a notation of the interest rate - they all seem to have different rates!

Whenever I use a credit card, I remove the note to run the card. I then re-stick the note upside down to remind me to update the amount, approximating the most recent expenditure and rounding the dollar amount up. That is, if the purchase was, say, $13.29, I would subtract $15 from the existing available amount, then cross out the old number, and write in the new.

When I check into my account at that card's website, I can verify the balance. Meanwhile, I have a good idea of how much I can still use, if I need to, that is! I try not to use credit cards, but sometimes it is necessary. This way, though, I'm not caught unawares with the "card denied" embarrassment and frustration!

By AuntieBim from Tehachapi, CA

That's a good idea to keep yourself reminded, especially of the interest rates!

Stack of Credit Cards
Paying Off Credit Cards
Budget & Finance Credit CardsJanuary 17, 2011
Hand with Many Gift Cards Fanned Out
Keeping Track of Gift Card Balances
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
Credit Report on Table
Raising Your Credit Score
thank you note ideas
Sending Thank You Notes