Pasta Pronta Reviews

Pasta Pronta reviews. Does it cook asparagus and other veggies so well that it's worth purchasing?

Cookwie from Richardson, TX

I saw on a news program this weekend that they DO NOT work for pasta.

I don't have one of these but my cousin just bought one and told me that it cooks pasta ok but that she didn't find it cooked asparagus well at all. She has had good luck with cooking frozen veggies in it. All in all, not worth the trouble she said.

If you have any large bottle with a lid you can get the same effect.

Why heat water in a kettle or pan and then put it in Pasta Pronta and wait the 7 minutes [or the number of minutes for what you're cooking]? Just as easy to put water in pot put it on the burn and cook it normally! I look at the gadgets, choke on the price, and decide that I'm not making that 'invertor' rich! Nothing wrong with the way I've been doing it for 40 years. JoanDogs

I purchased not one but two of these. I say save your money. It didn't work, we had to cook what we put in the darn thing anyway...........Stormy

Save your money. Doesn't cook pasta - any kind! I boil water in the electric kettle and cook edemame (shelled) in it, and frozen Trader Joe green beans - but that's it.

You can do the same thing that this pasta pronto is supposed to do by bringing water to a boil in a regular kettle that has a lid. When the water boils, put your pasta in, let come to a boil again, then turn off the heat and put on the lid. You should have perfect pasta in 20 minutes, and it never gets over done. Saves energy and worry! To me that is a win-win. As a result, I don't think that there is any need for a special pasta pronto type container. If you want steamed veggies, buy one of the dollar store flower type steamers and use it in one of the kettles you already own.

Received one of these as a gift - I confirm what everyone else says - too much trouble, doesn't work well and if you are going to boil water anyway - what's the sense in having something else take up space in the cabinet? Just use a pot - the old fashioned and quicker way.

What I have is called Pasta Express but I am assuming it's the same thing. Anyway, I have mixed feelings about it. I'm not sure it's any faster but seems slightly more convenient I suppose. I have an electric kettle that heats water to boiling in a jiffy plus is easy to pour. If I'm making something that calls for already cooked pasta to be added, it seems to work well. I also like that I can drain the pasta right in the pasta express. I got mine in a regular store for only $10 so I wasn't out much money if I don't use it much. I've not tried doing anything but pasta in it so far and so far it cooked it just fine....spaghetti, elbow mac, penne and ziti. Oh and I just return it to the small tall box it came in and it doesn't take up much room in the pantry.

Even tho I like mine ok....I can't say I'd really recommend it. Yes, you can do just fine cooking pasta the old-fashioned way!

Consumer AdviceJune 24, 2006
Homemade gluten free pasta.
Gluten Free Pasta Recipes
Two colors of frozen ravioli.
Freezing Cooked Pasta
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipes
Baked Chicken Pasta Recipes
Homemade Pasta Recipes
Homemade Pasta Recipes
🎄