Help with SuperBowl Party Decorations and Centerpieces

I am planning the decorations for our organization's event in January. The event is for approximately 650 people and it has a SuperBowl theme (since we are in Jacksonville). I am having a hard time coming up with the centerpieces for the tables. We are going to involve local high schools to help with the decorations so any suggestions that you can make on decorations and centerpieces that they can put together would be appreciated.

We just had a 'kick-off party' recently. We had dozens of round tables (seating 8) which were decorated with vinyl tablecloths in bright colors. We put trophies on them (from the Coach at the high school); went to the Party Store or similar in your area, bought some megahorns & shiny cheerleeder pom poms. On the serving table for food, we put footballs & helmets on the ends of the tables. Hope this helps.

I did a Superbowl Party at work and printed the winning team logos, superbowl number and location. Then I pasted them on footballs for each Superbowl. We hung them but you could pin them up or display another way. For this year I put the logos of the two teams and did not post a score. The football is just an egg shape and if you outline with a brown crayon and draw lacings at the top, it looks pretty good.

This year I am thinking of clearing out the living room of my house of the couches, etc. and replacing the rug with Astroturf artificial grass) I got from the hardware store and use spray paint to make my yard line markings. Guests will be asked to leave their shoes outside, since it's a rainy wet season around here, in a "shoe parking zone" i am setting up by the front door. I will use masking tape and bright yellow markers for "parking" space indicators/ boundaries with reserved parking for my husband's shoes. Couches are being replaced by long wooden benches my husband has in storage with paddings for a more comfy seat. TV's from each room to be brought into this room and set in each corner of the room and the main attraction is the big screen projector with surround sound. The guys will love it!!! And of course TONS of finger foods.

Since you are having the local high school kids help, maybe something crafty would be fun. You could have them make goal posts out of empty toilet paper rolls (or something similar). They could be glued together and wraped in tissue paper (or somthing similar), then spraypainted yellow. You can buy mini footballs at Party City (if you have one locally) or I'm sure you could find some online. That would give the guests a "hands on" centerpiece. They could take turns "kicking" (with their hands of course) the football through the goal post. One last note: Party City also has table cloths that look like turf/grass. That would look great with your goal posts. Good luck with whatever you decide!

There is great ideas for Super Bowl Games, Food and Decorations here

Holidays and Parties Parties CenterpiecesSeptember 14, 2004
chocolate spoon centerpieces
Kids Birthday Party Centerpieces
Silk Wedding Flowers
Silk Flower Wedding Centerpieces
Summer Themed Flower Centerpiece
Summer Themed Centerpieces
Home Decorated for Girl's Birthday Party
Decorating Your Home for a Party