Spray Snow Shovel with Silicon

Snow was sticking to my snow shovel until I coated the blade with silicon. The silicon spray I used was for my knitting machine but I've seen cheaper silicon spray at the hardware store. Now the snow doesn't stick. I like not having to lift the same snow more than once.

Source: I thought my idea was original until I completed a quick search on google. Oh well.

By Holly from Holly, MI

A cheap brand of cooking spray will do also.

On a similar note: I think the manufacturer of our lawn mower recommends a spray of silicone underneath, so that the finely chopped bits of grass don't stick so much, and it isn't as much of a pain to clean the mower.

Luckily we don't have too much snow in my neck of the woods (we get more ice). I typically have to shovel the drive only two or three times a year. :-)

How to Shovel Snow, Man Shoveling Snow
Shoveling Snow
Home and Garden Home Improvement Maintenance and RepairJanuary 14, 2009
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice, Man Cleaning Snow and Ice off of Windshield
Keeping Your Windshield Free of Snow and Ice
Driving on Snowy Roads, Cars driving on a snowy road.
Driving on Snowy Roads
Snow Ice Cream
Snow Ice Cream Recipes
Spray bottle of perfume.
Repairing A Perfume Spray Nozzle