Look For Closeouts and Bargains Now

Catch an end of season closeout sale at a lot of places NOW!

Yesterday I lucked out big time (at Dollar General) and got several Panama Jack sun lotion type products (some over $5 each) marked 90 percent off! Also a great stock-up item was 2 sided scrubber/sponges (reg $1 ea) marked to only 10 cents. Other items marked down were Post-It Notes 70 percent off and clothing (Bobby Brooks) so a nice shirt reg $9 was $2!

My all time favorite close-out item is candles which I stock up as soon as I see them reduced! This past week I got big fat candles reg. $8.00 for 85 cents! These deals are too hot to pass up for items that will not expire or perish and that I will make use of regularly! So to miss them is redundant to living a thrifty life!

By melody_yesterday from Sedalia, MO

Just so you don't get sunburned, it is advised to replace your sunscreen every year. I love all your other great buys!

Seems it is too easy to forget that although the season is ended (officially here anyway) the lotion is still LOTION & is & will be in supurb usable condition as such until it is gone!

My realtor friend was so thrilled I gave her some (3 items of this brand) that she took us to dinner the other day & we don't close the deal for 2 more weeks LOL

Not everyone will buy the idea that such things require replaced every year.It may or may be true or not & it also may be another marketing scheme to get consumers to buy more.

Great ideas, Melody!

BTW, we used last year's lotion 2 weeks ago at the beach and all went fine. No sunburns for my very fair children and husband! And we spent alot of time at the beach on the Outer Banks where each year I'm shocked how hot it is in late Sept. One of my daughters has gotten blisters on her ears in the past, so I say it worked well!!

The candles will especially help with any holiday gifts you may craft such as the candles in the mason jars for luminaries. We just put salt in the bottom, add a few greens, but don't put near the top of the candles, and add a candle. We use the longer matches if needed to light these and they look so pretty on your porch or walkway when guests are coming. We gave them as gifts to friends one year. Frugal Freida

Better Living Frugal Living ShoppingOctober 22, 2008
Installing Crown Molding, Crown Molding Ready to be Installed
Installing Crown Molding
Hanging Curtains With Pleat Hooks
Hanging Curtains
Thrift Store Clothes
Thrift Store Shopping Tips
Geisha Girl with White Border on Sides
Making a Geisha Costume
🎄