ReusingGreen Living

Uses For Plastic Hooks From New Socks

I was wondering if anyone had any uses for the little plastic hook things that come with new socks? I hate to just toss them in the trash.

Thank you,
MrsMoted2

Best Answer

If you are talking about the kind that looks like a little hanger, well, that is just what it could be used for. Barbie and her friends need "hangers" for their clothes. They could also be used to make little "banner" cross stitch ornanments or mini wall hangers.

Best Answer

How about a bookmark for a magazine? Leave the curl end on the outside.

Anonymous
Best Answer

I use them to hang jewelry on when planning for the next day's outfit. I hook it on a hanger that's holding my clothes. That way, everything is together.

If you are talking about the Plastic clips that comes with some socks. They could be used to clip open a page in a piano or organ book.

You also might be able to clip small papers and things to your cars sun visor.

Not sure if they would be good clothes pins. Even if they were That is allot of socks

Now as far as that piece of plastic that goes through both socks ,that you have to cut to get them apart.

I have no ideas for them accept buy socks with the other clips on them lol.

If you do cross stitch you can make little banners or towel looking ornaments to hang off them.

Hang a dowel rod in your closet (or a nail) and hang scarfs, ties, belts from sock hanger.

Hang on neck of hanger for accessories that go with that outfit. hoop earrings, scrafs, belts ETC. even pantyhose. (make sure it doesnt have anything that can snag them). a rubber band on the end helps to keep things from sliding off, can be wraped around the neck of small hanger also.

If it has a turned up end you can hang rings by the sink with it.

Tape recipe card to it and hang over handle on kitchen cabinates to keep recipe at eye level.

You're talking about the plastic stick thing that starts with a curl on one end, goes up and bends back down and ends with another curl higher up? I have a rolling cart/table that I use for house cleaning. I've got a trash container held at one end with a "bongo?" cord. I've draped the sock things over the cord and I hang tools on them--broom, dust wand, brushes. Leaves a lot of room on the cart for things that go in the next room. There's a box on the bottom shelf for things I don't want to decide whether or not to throw away. If I don't need them after a month, I find it easier to throw away.

If they are curved on one end and not on the other with a little hole on the other, then, they could be turned upside down and used to hang ornaments. If they are minature hangers, then hang miniature doll clothes or baby clothes.