Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Teens and Thongs

My teen thinks she is going to die if I don't let her where thongs to school. She is 13 and apparently they make fun of anyone who doesn't wear thongs in gym class. They call normal underwear "Granny's Panties"? This has caused a major problem in our relationship. Does anyone have any advice or experiences to share?

Thanks,
Diane from Palm Beach, FL

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Shamizu12/19/2010

I'm a father of a 10 year old and my daughter wears thongs. I personally dont care If she buys them because they're underwear and if she likes them, she likes them and I cant prevent her from being what she wants people to think about her. And yes, I did ask her once why she wears thongs and she said because her friends wear them and she doesnt want to be left out. So my suggestion is to buy some for her at Victorias secret pink or something like that (because it's what she has the most of) or just give her something like 100 bucks and let her go buy what she wants (that's what I do to my daughter). I don't think any parent should prevent their child from being what they want others to think about them. In the sense that it's the current trend and she doesnt want people to think shes old fashioned. Actually, if she wears normal underwear and others call it grannies panties, you are making her get teased more because you are not allowing her to wear them. So you might just as well save your daughter from being teased by buying her some thongs. As simple as that. Hope you got what I said.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Teens and Thongs

My teen thinks she is going to die if I don't let her wear thongs to school. She is 13 and apparently they make fun of anyone who doesn't wear thongs in gym class. They call normal underwear "Granny Panties"?