Baptism Party Favor Ideas

I need help deciding on party favors for a baptism.

By evilelfduran

Goldfish crackers in cute bags or small jars. Think about the inspiration fish things. That's how I came up with this lol.

Make homemade chocolates or chocolate lollipops in cross shapes. You could probably buy pretzel rods and intersect two of them to form a cross. Just wrap licorice rope around the intersection to hold.

Glass votive holder with silver or gold painted name and date of the event with candles. Make bookmarks out of thin but sturdy cardboard like from a file folder or cereal box. Shape into crosses, fish, and/or angels. Adorn with pretty ribbon/yarn/string. Cookies cut into cross shape.

Actually, the regular pretzels also have a religious tie in, I got this from a company website:

The unconfirmed rumor is that an Italian monk created the first pretzel from leftover bread dough. He rolled it out, formed it into the shape of a child's arms folded in prayer, and called it a "pretoria," Latin for "reward." The pretoria later made its way to Austria and Germany where it became known as the "bretzel" or "pretzel."

I believe that in the story I heard as a child, these were given to children in Church orphanages.

I've never heard of a Baptism Party. What religion ? I was raised Southern Baptist in the home of a Deacon. Maybe gummy worms, or if they are older maybe fishing lures - which can be bought pretty inexpensively. ("I will make you fishers of men.") :)

Most kids love stickers, pictures they can tape to their walls, and magnets they can stick onto the fridge. If you don't have a religious-supply store nearby, you might be able to find something appropriate, or that can be adapted, at your nearest dollar store. I also like the goldfish cracker idea.

Holidays and Parties Parties Party FavorsSeptember 1, 2009
Wedding Favor Ideas for a Valentine's Day Wedding, White and red boxes for Valentine's Day wedding favors.
Valentine's Day Wedding Favor Ideas
Baptism Gift Idea
Baptism Gift Ideas
Baby Shower Cookies
Baby Shower Favor Ideas
Making Party Favor Bags
Making Party Favor Bags
🎄
🍂