Buying Supplies for Bridesmaids Dresses

contest winner icon

All my daughter's bridesmaids were in college and on a tight budget. My daughter and I went to JoAnn's to pick out and purchase the patterns of our choice on 99 cent day. We collected coupons from friends and used them for zippers, thread and other notions. The best was the 40% off the fabric. We figured how much we needed for all the girls dresses purchased it in one cut and used the coupon.

My daughter and I cut the fabric to the needed amounts, assembled bags with their dress "ingredients" and handed them out. All the girls were aware of the plan and found someone, like their grandma, to do the sewing. The total of their dresses (that fit perfectly) was under $40.00 each, and not very much work with some team effort.

By Grace from Grand Island, NY

I think this is such a good idea :) The prefect dresses for the perfect bridesmaids. Do you think it matters what color they all are? Thanks for the tip!

Weddings BridesmaidAugust 24, 2007
Bride wearing her wedding dress.
Why Do We Keep Our Wedding Dresses?
A woman wearing a homemade bridesmaid dress.
Making Homemade Bridesmaids Dresses
Cleaning Old Dresses
Removing Yellow Creases from Stored Dresses
A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
🎉
🎄