Tiki (Mackerel Tabby)

contest winner icon

Tiki the cat is approx. 1 year old. He is a Mackerel Tabby. Tiki was a stray kitten who popped out of the bushes and followed us while we were walking our dogs! I fell in love immediately. At the time, I didn't know he was a stray. But we continued to see him around the neighborhood, always following people in the street. Finally, one morning it was raining and there was Tiki meowing and following us. I picked him up and brought him home and he's slept in our bed ever since! (We put up posters and placed an ad in case he belonged to someone, but never got any calls.)

Tiki loves to sleep either on my chest with one paw lightly on my nose or wrapped around my head at night. My husband calls him my "cat hat." This photos shows Tiki "snarfle-ing" in the garden where I grow catnip for him. Doesn't he look like he's posing for a magazine?

By Lee Taylor from Indialantic, FL

Great picture......gorgeous kitty! Thanks for rescuing him!

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

I forgot to add....Tiki's markings remind me of caramel swirl ice cream!

He's got "the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar" look! lol Outstanding!

I'm so glad you all are enjoying Tiki, too! I think he's gorgeous and now I'll always think of caramel swirl ice cream too. Thanks! :)

He is so pretty. Thank you for rescuing him. I'm also glad you tried to find the owner first. Lucky you; lucky him.

He is beautiful. Isn't funny that the strays end up being the best cats in the world! I have had 12 strays in the last 10 years and still have all but 3 of them.

Orange Tabby
Orange Tabby Information and Photos
Pets Pet PagesDecember 9, 2009
Canned Mackerel
Recipes Using Canned Mackerel
Mackerel
Mackerel Recipes
Tabby Cat
Tabby Breed Information and Photos
Siamese Mix
Siamese Mix Cat Photos
🎉
🎄