Moose/Reindeer Nuggets Craft

One year a friend of mine gave each of my kids a box (the one shaped like a little milk carton) of Whoppers candy. It was the cutest idea and my kids just loved it! You could use Milk Duds or gum balls that are in similar containers.

She had taken dark brown fun foam and cut out shapes of reindeer/moose antlers and glued them to the top edge of one of the sides of the carton to where they stood up above the carton.

She got two giant google eyes and glued those to the front of two large light brown pom poms and those are glued just on top of the bottom edge of the antlers.

She took another big light brown pom pom ball and glued that on for a snout and glued a small red pom pom on top of that for a nose. That was glued just under the eyes centered between the two pom poms.

And then she took ribbon and made a bow and glued that just under the snout then glued a regular sized jingle bell at the base of the bow.

On the bottom of the other side (backside to the face) she cut a "trap door" out of the side of the carton and glued another large light brown pom pom for a tail that also serves as the "door" handle to open the trap door.

On the front of the moose just under the bow tie, this little jingle had been typed and printed out and glued to the carton:

"I am a moose
that is neat!
Just lift up my tail,
for nuggets to eat."

You could also type reindeer instead of moose.

After the kids ate all of their candy, we cut a slit in the top of the carton for them to use as a piggy bank.

By Tawnda

I love this idea! Except...we are going to buy a carton of chocolate milk...empty it by cutting out the "trap door". Rinsing it well. We are buying chocolate covered peanuts for the "poop" to fill the carton with. I don't have brown pompoms at home so we are going to paint with brown acrylic paint some styrofoam balls for the eyes and nose. The red pompom for the tip of the nose will be substituted by a red berry from a Christmas wreath somewhere in my house. I think I have the bell, the bow and brown cardboard to make antlers with. The 6 year old we are giving it to for Christmas should be thrilled. Thanks for the wonderful idea!!

OMGosh! I am busting a gut here! That is soooo funny! Am going to C&P this one for next year! My Dad LOVES Whoppers! hehe!!

Crafts Christmas GiftsDecember 21, 2004
finished reindeer 1
Homemade Reindeer Christmas Ornaments
finished reindeer
Making a Tootsie Pop Reindeer
Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets Recipes
An up close photo of a reindeer.
Making "Reindeer Food"