How Do I Make a Money Tree?

How do I make a money tree?

By Barbara from VT

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

That is a very good question. My boss just bought a house, her first. I am going to make a money tree. I have some greenery on wire and I was thinking perhaps I could find a stick or thick round piece of wood to add the branches. I had thought if I added them with wire then covered it with green floral tape it would look good. Then I'd tie the money to different branches with a circle attached as to whom the money was from. I think this is a great idea and I will be putting it into action soon.

Good luck to you.

Gem

A money tree can be a very pleasant experience. Prepare the soil carefully, fertilize well, and plant several very clean, shiny pennies after all danger of frost is past for your area. You should get a nice, small tree the first year. The blossoms in spring are red, white and blue in the US, with variations in other countries. You probably won't produce money until the second or third year. By the third year, you should have at least a few dollar bills; as the years pass the tree often begins producing larger denominations if kept well-pruned, and if it receives sufficient sun and moisture. Good luck! ;-) --shoe

Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 9, 2011
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Picking a Christmas Tree
Picking a Christmas Tree
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 24, 2017 at 6:11:51 AM on 10.0.0.175 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.