Electrolysis Advice

I am looking for anyone who has had electrolysis done on their face. Please specify if a disposable needle was used or if a probe was used. I am trying to find out if you feel that what you had done was successful and worth the time and money. Any feedback, positive or negative, relating to your experiences would be appreciated. Please be sure to let me know if it was by needle or probe. I have been told that laser will not work on coarse white hairs and that is part of my problem. In terms of time and cost, does anyone have any feedback on whether to have laser first on the hair that it will treat and then electrolysis on the hair that laser won't treat?

Frances from Kansas City, MO

I have used electrolysis with a disposable needle. It worked great for me. Mine was heavy to. I went twice a month for a while then once a month. The cost is a lot less than laser . If you have a very low pain tolerance recommend laser.

Nothing I couldn't stand but my daughter liked the laser.

Am very happy with my experience with electrolysis.

I had electrolysis done on my blond hair on my face. It was by probe. It was very effective for me, but I did have very fine hair. It is time consuming and you have to commit to it. I probably went once a week for two years. But that was sixteen years ago and since then I have only been for a touch up once. It is not the nicest feeling in the world, but bearable and the sessions don't really last that long. If you have hair that has been waxed, shaved or plucked previously, it will take plenty more sessions to kill the hair. But it is very effective if you're willing to dedicate the time and as for cost, well I know this is a thrifty site, but isn't it priceless to feel good about yourself?

Many years ago I had electrolysis. I went for *5* years or so and it may have done some good but I find an electric shaver the best way to go for me. My hair was course and dark. I expect that it was a probe since this was so long ago. It irritated my skin for a few days but I still continued. It did hurt. I still grew new hair and it seemed like a never ending process.

50 or 60 years ago my Mother had it done and she grew more hair. At 85 years old she was plucking them.

My adult children and I, just use an electric shaver.

Would I do it again -- NO! Was it a waste of money -- YES!

Do I think you should try it? Yes, but if you don't think it is working-----------?

did anyone ever did their eyebrow before with electrolysis and what happened to their skin after words. becasue i did my eyebrow and till now my skin is drooped down. the area was swollowed and now its drooped down. can someone please tell me if this is because of the heat and will i get better and will my eyes back normal again.

Forget electrolysis! Go to your dermatologist and have IPL done instead, unless you're a real blonde. Intensive pulselight therapy works fairly well for facial and bikini areas (I've had both done), three times each, leaving me with just a few hairs to tweeze! It also works for little wrinkles and sunspots.

Well I am currently under going treatmeant right now for my face. I have very fair skin with blonde hairs running down my jawline. My first 3 hour sesions were hell. But my sessions are down to 30 mins once a week. I am happy with my progress so far but the only down side for me was the little red bumps I had occured after each treatment that looked like pimples but went away after a few days. But you do have to be dedicated and have some type of pain tolerance because it is not pain free.

I'm a qualified beauty therapist and have had the treatment, and yes they do use a disposable needle. It does not hurt, it tingles, but the therapist asks how you feel during the treatment so don't fear it. I do treat clients who are afraid of needles but when I start the (electrolysis) treatment, they are fine.

I have had laser done twice. Once in Texas and a few years later again in Virginia. Both times it was OK for a few months but then my facial hair came in heavier and worse than ever. I tweezed and shaved for several years before I decided to finally try electrolysis. So far I am very happy with it. There have been no after effects, bumps, redness, etc. I have ruddy very oily skin and that might make a differece. I would think a fair haired person might have more problems. I feel no pain at all. Feels similar to tweezing to me. The person doing mine has had twenty years experience and became an electrologist after going through treatment herself. Wish I had done it years ago as from what I have read, it seems to be the only permanent solution!

woman having facial hair removed
Removing Facial Hair
Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips RemovalMay 15, 2007
Master gardener in a greenhouse.
Get Gardening Advice From a Master Gardener
Bathroom Tiles
Bathroom Tile Color Advice
A business suit with a white shirt and red tie.
Saving Money on Men's Suits
Frugal Living Advice
Frugal Living Advice
🎉
🎄