Christmas Gift: Deer Repellent

This actually is a wonderful idea for children to make for family members. I don't know how many times I hear parents say to children, "It's lovely honey, Thank you...What is it?" I thought this up for my nephew who always want to make his dad a gift that he will use.

We took little motel bars of soap I saved, painted the original packaging red. Have the children then draw a deer on the package. Or if the children are too young to draw, make several deer patterns out of cardboard for them to trace on the bars of soap.

Then, have them draw a big X through the deers. Take a metal skewer or nail and make holes through the center of the bar of soap. Use twine to tie to trees.

We actually labeled the bars of soap as:

"Deer Away ... The Humane Way to Repel Deers. It's not like hay, cause Deers Won't Stay.

Directions: Tear off paper and tie to shrubs.

Warning: Do not use until after DECEMBER 25th, it will prevent Santa's Reindeers from visiting your home!"

My nephew loved the computer labels giving it that professional look (store bought) and his dad will definitely use them. : )

By Live Again from Wiscasset, ME

What a Fantastic idea! Does soap really rid you of deer in your garden?

Just so you know, the word "deer" goes for a single deer or a whole herd of deer. No "S" on the end of it.

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts HomemadeNovember 10, 2005
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent
Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent Review
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Fawn (Baby Deer) standing in the grass.
Fawn (Baby Deer) Information and Photos