Use Candles As Car Freshener

After I had heard that the car was smelling musty from my dear husband about ten hundred times, I decided to look and see if there was something hidden under the seats. I mean, spend an hour or so out there cleaning up. Well, there was a ton of paper and toys, etc., which I can't stand because they can roll up under the brake pedal and impede the brakes from working which could cause a crash, especially plastic coke bottles and small balls. Once something is lodged under the brake pedal, nothing will stop the car except for the emergency brake. I don't know if putting a car in another gear will stop the car or not and I don't want to find out.

Anyway, I found a sock and not having any gloves, I put it on my hand. Seeing a large candle in the car, an expensive one that had the scent of pears, I took the sock and rubbed the dust off the top to clean the surface of it. I had to scrape with my fingernails through the sock to get the dust off the top of the candle. I shook the dust off the sock and then put it back on my hand to gather the debris off the floor. I learned a long time ago blowing the dust out of a candle must makes me sneeze. Soon the candle was clean and this sock smelled so good, it was heavenly. Then the smell went from the sock to the carpet, since I was using the sock as a whisk broom - it picks up better, and on top of that, the animal hair came off like a dream. By the time I had cleaned out the car, and kept going back and getting wax on the sock from scraping the top of the candle, it smelled really, really good, and there was not a speck of dust on top of that expensive candle.

My daughter, who is twenty and is disabled, carries around candles with her. She won't ever allow anyone to light them, she just likes them, so that is how the candle got in the car in the first place. I like the scent so much I am going to take a melon ball thing and take round things out of this scent, flatten them, and put them under the car seats where the dogs can't get at them. I have no small kids who might eat them.

I was happy with the way this turned out and my dear husband loved the smell. Now when the car heats up, there is a bunch of melon ball sized bits of wax in a plastic container in the back and some under the seats. I will take them out in the wintertime.

Thought I would share this with you, I already had made some air fresheners out of a candle wax and a small fabric softener sheet, but I like the bigger melon ball size of wax better.
Blessings,
Robyn

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Sounds great! I definitely want to try this! Thanks for the idea!

I am going to look up that candle that is safe for pets and kids. Thanks, both of you!

Robyn

If you find that was doesn't scoop as easy as you might think you can get scented tea light candles at the dollar stores. They even come with a protective metal base and you can even cut out the wick if you want. This idea is great though!!

flip flop air freshener
Making Car Air Fresheners
Consumer Advice Cars Cleaning InteriorAugust 4, 2010
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Perfume as Air Freshener
Using Perfume as Air Freshener
Finding an Inexpensive Car, Blue Volkswagon Beetle parked by a building.
Finding an Inexpensive Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver, For Sale sign in Window of Used Car
Buying a Cheap Car for First Time Driver
🎉
🎄