Easy Ground Turkey and Vegetable Noodle Dish

My Mom created this dish which I loved as a child and frequently make as an adult due to the simplicity, great taste and it is very economical. It is so simple, I have the recipe memorized. So, if I win, I will have to split the prize with her! I usually make this on Sundays and it makes enough for 3 to 4 lunches for the week. You can replace the vegetables with other vegetables or use other soup flavors, these are only my preferences.

Ingredients

• 1 bag of egg noodles
  • 1 lb. ground turkey
  • 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1/2 yellow or sweet onion (chopped)
  • 1 can of green beans (drained)
  • 1 can of corn (drained)
  • 1 can of sliced mushrooms (drained)
  • Onion Powder
  • Black Pepper
  • 1/4 stick of butter

Directions

Brown the ground turkey with chopped onion. Season with onion powder and black pepper. Drain the fat, crumble the ground turkey and onion and set to the side. Boil the noodles per instructions on bag. After draining the noodles, place them back in the pot they were boiled. Add the can of soup, all the vegetables and the butter.

Turn the stove on low and mix the noodles, soup, vegetables and butter together until well-blended. Sprinkle onion powder over the noodles, mix, and sprinkle some more. If the noodles don't look moist enough, add another can of soup. Add the ground turkey with onions and mix well. Remove from heat and serve.

By Victoria from Channahon, IL