Jesus' Birthday Box

Every year at Christmas we have a wrapped shoe box with a slot in the top that we display on the dining room table. This is to remind us that it is Jesus' birthday. Whenever someone does something for Jesus, they write it down and put it in the box. Some entries in the years past have been, "I was nice to my brother", "I helped Mom with the dishes". It creates a more loving and caring environment in our home at such a hectic time of year. Then on Christmas morning, before everyone else opens their presents, we open Jesus' gifts and read all of them! It just keeps everyones mind on the real reason for Christmas.

By Jill from Waterloo, IN

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!!!

Great idea. Sometimes we really do forget the reason for the season. Thanks for the reminder.

I enjoyed reading about that idea a lot. It seems now days that you can't even say "Merry Christmas" to anyone because "someone" will be offended. So your idea reminds us to put "Christ" back in Christmas! That's what it's there for! Thanks!

Wonderful! We do this verbally but I love the present box idea! This is the reason for the season.

Wishing Happy Birthday to Jesus. Thanks for sharing.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Very neat!!! I like it :)

Nice idea! Like it!

HI, What a wonderful idea! But, I was wondering if we need to write our name on the paper and who reads them Christmas morning? please, repond asap so I can put one up tomorrow morning.. Thanks! :-D

A grandmother helping her granddaughter make a gingerbread house.
Family Christmas Traditions
Holidays and Parties Christmas TraditionsDecember 16, 2005
Epiphany Bread
Celebrating Epiphany
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
ribbon and balloon hair clip
Making a Birthday Hair Clip
A trunk for putting congratulations card into at a wedding.
Making a Card Box for Your Wedding
🎉
🎄