Removing Mildew Smell from Jeans

How do I get the mildew smell out of jeans that where sitting in a trash bag for over a month?

Nicole from Surprise, AZ

Launder the jeans in your washing machine and add 1-2 cups of white vinegar, along with detergent. I bought a long sleeved cotton dress off eBay and the dress smelled terrible. I would not be surprised if the seller found it in a trash bag and then advertised it. I washed the dress in cold water and added vinegar, and it completely removed the mildew odor.

I agree with the suggestion for VINEGAR. I was given coats that had been washed, but hung near a basement where the mildew was bad. I brought the coats home and put them in the basement of my house with the intention of washing them the following day. My whole basement smelled like milder by the following evening! I read on line that vinegar takes out odors, so I soaked a hand towel in a small bowl of white vinegar, wrung it out, and went through the basement swinging the towel over my head to sort of filter the air. Then I left the hand towel in the bowl of vinegar in the basement until the vinegar evaporated, which was about two days and I have not had problems with mildew odors since. I use vinegar to get rid of strong cooking odors also. To me, vinegar reminds me of pickling season, so it brings back good memories and takes out nasty odors.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJanuary 9, 2008
Cleaning up Mildew From Wood
Removing Mildew from Wood
Photo of a tent set up in the woods.
Removing Mildew from a Tent
Laptop bag made from several pairs of jeans with a crocheted handle.
Making a Laptop Bag from Jeans
Stack of Jeans
Saving Money on Jeans
🎄