Browsing: Saving Money on Tablecloths

Making Thrifty Tablecloths

Tablecloths to fit my large dining room table were quite pricey and I had a very tight budget. One day while folding laundry, the idea came to measure a twin flat sheet on my table. Off I went to the fabric store for appropriate lace, edged one, then another I'd purchased from a yard sale. No one knew the difference but me.

By Rae

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I made a quick tablecloth for the christmas holidays last year, by using a lace curtian panel.

It really looked good and no one knew but me.

I will probably use it again this year, it looks expensive and fancy, but it's not.

Teresa from Va.

You can also make a table cloth from regular fabric. Just go to places that sell fabric for a dollar, or two, by the yard. Then if you want it fancy just add your lace, or what ever. I do this for different holidays when the fabric is on super sale. Or for every day. There is so many different designs to go with anything. It's cheap, and you can have table clothes for every holiday. Also if it gets stained it won't up set you. I have made one for less then $5.00, for every holiday. You can sew edges or just leave as is. Good luck.

Dining table with a nice tablecloth.
Saving Money on Tablecloths
Make Your Own MiscellaneousOctober 27, 2004
Using a plastic tablecloth as a picnic blanket.
Uses for Plastic Tablecloths
Vintage Bed Sheets
Crafts Using Bed Sheets
white tablecloth
Removing Food Stains from Tablecloths
Plastic Tablecloth
Caring for Plastic Tablecloths
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 25, 2016 at 1:31:44 AM on 10.0.2.98 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.