Cleaning a Ceiling Fan

What is the best way to clean a ceiling fan?

Onesummer from Atlanta, GA

If it is really dirty you may have to get up on a stool to give a thorough cleaning and to wash the light fixture. After you do the initial cleaning then use a swifter duster with the extending arm to maintain it during your weekly cleaning.

Soap and Water on a ladder, my friend. Simple as that!

http://www.frugalforlife.blogspot.com

I like to get my vacuum out and clean the blades with the brush attachment. The dirt and dust are sucked up by the vacuum and don't fall on the floor or spread to the rest of the room. After vacuumed, I then spritz with cleaner and wipe clean.

I washed mine with Pine-Gel diluted in hot water. Kleen Green should also work well. PS: Make sure the electricity is switched off!!

Slip a pillowcase over each blade, then grasp tightly as you pull the case off. Both sides of the fan blade are dusted at the same time, and the dirt and dust stays inside the pillowcase.

After thoroughly cleaning with soap and water and wiping dry, apply a thin coat of Armor All, you will be surprised on how clean your fans stays

I always clean my fans good (usually with lysol cleaner), then take dryer sheets and wipe them down good. This keeps the "dust bunnies" from sticking!

Dollar General sells a circular brush cleaner with long handle for cleaning fans. It's wonderful and very inexpensive. Haven't tried putting any spray cleaner on it but probably could.

don't screw around...remove three Philips screws, and take the fan blade into the sink and apply ammonia; this will cut thru grease caked on like dried syrup

Photo of a ceiling fan.
Cleaning a Ceiling Fan
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceOctober 8, 2007
Cleaning Your Ceiling
Cleaning Your Ceiling
Refurbished a Ceiling Fan
Refurbishing a Ceiling Fan
Repairing a ceiling fan.
Repairing a Ceiling Fan
Ceiling Fan
Repairing a Wobbly Ceiling Fan
🎄