Septic Tanks Need More Water

Conserving water in the toilet tank (eg. filled water bottles inside the tank) is a wonderful idea IF you are not using a septic system. To reduce the amount of water going through the line is to just about guarantee yourself a clog. Unlike "city" systems, septic tank lines are more prone to 'heave' up, not being as slanted to carry waste downwards, and if there is not enough water pushing waste through, it's going to build up and cause bigger problems later. Had to learn this one the hard way ;) lol

By PrairieLady from Colorado

Thanks for telling me this - I, too, have a septic tank. God bless you!

Thanks for sharing this info with me. I too have a septic tank. Mine seems to do ok with water from my washing machine and dishwasher going through it. I always think of the septic tank like a compost pile. (you add water to compost.. smile) It has to have enough of friendly bacteria in it to make the waste rot. I add Rid X or other similar substance to my septic tank on the first of each month. Its worked for me.

Best of luck always,

Better Living Green Living Conservation WaterNovember 14, 2007
Septic Safe Cleaners
Septic Safe Cleaners
Water trough for livestock.
Keeping Fowl From Drowning in Water Containers
clogged toilet
Unclogging a Drain or Toilet Attached to a Septic System
Safe Toilet Paper for Septic Tanks
Toilet Paper Advice for Septic Tanks