Reception With Ring Exchange After Elopement

My husband and I are having a wedding reception after eloping. We are going to have a ring bearer, but I don't know if we should to the traditional procedures for the ring exchange or is there another way to give our rings to each other? Or should we even do the ring exchange?

By yessy from Bossier City, LA

I'm confused. Haven't your already exchanged rings when you eloped?

Yes we do have rings, but I mean at the wedding ceremony that we are having.

perhaps when you eloped you had a civil ceremony without clergy and now are you planning to have a religious ceremony? If so then usually a ring exchange is apart of that ceremony as the clergy blesses the rings. I would think you are probably inviting your closest friends and family who are all want to celebrate your marriage then you should do what you want..they all love you and shouldn't be talking about etiquette..just wishing you a happy marriage. Best wishes!

IMHO you've already exchanged rings and there's really no reason to do it again so simply have a nice reception with your family and friends :-)

Weddings ReceptionMay 15, 2010
Holiday Gift Exchange Party
Holiday Exchange Party Ideas
Christmas Cookie Exchange
Christmas Cookie Exchange Tips and Recipes
comtemperary wedding ring
Buying a Wedding Ring
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas