Cleaning My George Foreman Grill

How do we clean a George Foreman indoor grill? A sponge came with it, but it does nothing for cleaning up the grill after using. Thanks for any help.

By Laura from IL

Best Answer

A tip I learned from the lady handing out samples in the grocery store: I line my GF grill, top and bottom, with aluminum foil. Clean up is no longer a problem.

Best Answer

I normally wet an old dish cioth so it's soaking wet, and make sure the grill is either sitting in the sink, or on something that will catch the spillage. Close the lid on it so the wet cloth hits top and bottom. After letting it sit a bit, I'm always able to simply wipe out the residue with little to no effort.

Good luck!

I use vinegar and water to clean my George foreman grill. it does wonders. Alla Dynkin1962

Immediately after you take food out of the George Foreman Grill, unplug it and put a wad of wet paper towels on the grill and close it. This needs to be done while the grill is still hot. It will loosen any food stuck to the grill and make it easy to wipe out.

After it cools, squeeze the water out of the paper towels and use them to wipe the food off the grates.

Set the grill beside the sink with it hanging over the sink a little, and wash it with hot soapy dish water, rinse and towel dry.

I use the grill most every day and this is one of the uses I have for recycling the used, not so dirty paper towels.

The best way to clean your George Foreman Grill, is to number one, never use an aerosol spray. Number two, as soon as you take out the food, put a WET cloth towel in the grill and close the lid. When you are done eating, wipe it clean with the same cloth. If it doesn't come completely clean, take your grill over to the edge of the sink and use warm soapy water and a dish rag. It will be clean in no time!

Also, for great George Foreman Grill recipes, go to:

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/George_Foreman_Grill

Two recipes are delivered to your email-box every day, with one being a panini recipe. 'Healthy' recipes on Friday... ;o)

I used the paper towel method too and then if I had something that was really stuck on, I would leave the paper towels and use my spaghetti lifter to clean it further. I now have one with removable grates. If you enjoy using a George Foreman grill, I suggest you get one with the removable grates to make it really easy. It is a life saver! I love mine!

George Foreman Grill
Cleaning a George Foreman Grill
Home and Garden Cleaning AppliancesJuly 17, 2010
George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Replacement Parts for George Foreman Rotisserie Oven
Steaks on George Foreman Grill
Using A George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill
George Foreman Grill Recipes
older manual for Foreman grill
Manual for George Foreman Grill
🎉
🎄