Removing Greasy Spot on New Windows

I have just had new PVC windows installed and there seems to be some sort of scummy marks on the glass, it's like grease or something. Everything I have tried to clean the glass with just seems to wash over the scum and I have tried everything I can think of. Any ideas?

By Kathleen from UK

This works for me every time, first wash the windows with warm water with a few drops of dish washing detergent in it. Then while the window is still a bit damp but not dripping with water use kitchen paper and white vineger to polish to a sparkling finish.

To be even more frugal newspaper works well for the polishing stage too.

Contact your installer and tell them your problem, could be a manufacturing defect.

Hand holding a squeegee swiping soap off a window.
Cleaning Windows (Inside and Outside)
Home and Garden Cleaning WindowsJuly 28, 2010
Mobile Home Windows
Cleaning Mobile Home Windows
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Clean Windows With Coffee Filters