AdviceCrafts

Uses for CD Containers

How can I reuse the containers that CD's are purchased in?

Too Blessed to be Stressed from Kissimmee, FL

I have used them for little picture frames and also for coasters (you can put pix in them for that, too).

I do think you meant the containers that the cd's came in and not the cd's thereselves, correct? if so then I use them for molds for foods. My husband is constantly buying blank CD's in those cases.And he always ask me do you want these? I would say put them aside and i'll see what I could use them for. So far my only idea was for molds. So far I have used them for a cheese ball mold, a fudge mold, and a jello mold that I added differant color layers of jello to. I poped the cheese ball out after it set in the Cd case as a mold and then rolled in nuts, same with fudge but coconut. I found that they are they perfect shape just like the cheese balls in food magaines, when sliced they are the perfect serving piece and attractive to cut too. just do not heat the case, only put in warm to cool food items that you think will set and give this nice shape. I first spray the mold with some pam cooking spray so it releases well.

Thats my only idea for mine thus far. I hope others give more ideas as well. I thought the shape is perfect also for the candles that look like cinnimon buns but I thought hot candle wax would not work so I dismissed that idea.

Screw the bottom half to the underside of a shelve, then you can store lightweight stuff in the top half (which now technically becomes to bottom half :) )

Here's a wonderful idea that Harlean posted a while back:

http://www.thri  1810064.tip.html

Susan from ThriftyFun

Cover in fur put big googly eyes put on kids dresser to keep their stray cds in. I put a big bow on the pink one and used sharpie for eye lashes.

I installed some acoustic pannels and needed to keep them 4 inches off of the wall. They work good as spacers.

I use the containers as a holder for my thread crcochet. I have a couple of them attached to my craft table. This is what I do with it. I take a nail and put a hole in the top of the lid sit my ball of crochet thread on the pindle and run the thread through the hole and I don't have to worry about my ball of yarn rolling all around the floor or my crochet bag. I hope this helps you.

Robin in Bonham

He he. I use them to put bagel sandwiches in (I think I saw that here on TF), and I also cut out the indented hole in the top, put my yarn on the spindle and use them to keep my yarns straight when working with intarsia and fair isle projects.

I use them for salad, veggies, pretzels, etc for my lunchbox. I think the containers are great because the lid screws on.

(if not for you)If you mean the jewelcase, try a local school. We make lots of copies of projects the kids work on (video/music/computer)& since we buy blank cd/dvd's in bulk, always need jewelcases!

I have a skein winder that I use to wind my yarn. If you like working from the center of the skein you can put the skein in the cd container lid. If you like working from the outside, you can put the skein on the post that holds the cds.

Hi I'm looking for a life size nutcracker that stand by the door at Christmas. If some one have this pattern and instruction, please post it here. Thanks a lot. Happy Holidays.

If you're talking about the cd containers that are individually wrapped, vs the ones that come in 25 - 50 round containers, here's an idea that I just saw on Real Simple: Lay the colour part on your counter and insert a 3x5 recipe card on the clear side and flip it up so you can see it. No splatters and it's clean for the next time.