Brown for MultiGrain Bread

How can I make brown for my multi grain bread besides using molasses for a sweetening. I don't know what else "natural" that I can use. Coffee, Cocoa - will the flavor be too overpowering? Thanks,

- Eloise Gulick, Franklinville NYS 60 mi s of Buffalo, home of the Buffalo Bills

if it's the flavor of the molasses that you object to, try using "fancy" or "barbados" molasses. The flavor is not as powerful as blackstrap or cooking varieties.

coffee is often used to add color to pumpernickel

in my opinion, whole grains add ample color and I don't add anything more to change the color.

Put in a desert spoonful of carob powder to 4 cups of flour. Sieve it first. Gives a just-noticeable- but -unidentifiable sweetness and tons of minerals

You could try adding flax seed. It makes breads browner.

Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingMarch 14, 2005
Scoop of brown rice. Freezing brown rice.
Freezing Brown Rice
Gluten free bread in a bread machine.
Gluten Free Bread Machine Recipes
Dogwood tree in spring.
Leaves Turning Brown on Dogwood Tree
Moldy bread.
Preventing Mold on Bread
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 14, 2017 at 12:22:48 AM on 10.0.0.97 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.