Use Recycled Bed Springs in the Garden

I really recycle, and that includes taking old furniture apart so I can use the parts. I like getting the springs out of old box mattresses, couches and easy chairs, because I can use them for several years to protect seedlings in the garden, and/or make trellises. They aren't beautiful, but they are sturdy, and last at least 5 years even in rough weather.

Source: Just was taking some stuff apart for the trash and recycle and realized what a good trellis the springs would make.

By Cornelia M. from OR

That would look beautiful with morning glory climbing up all around & through it! :)

Old Bed Springs
Uses for Old Bed Springs
Home and Garden Gardening MiscellaneousJanuary 25, 2010
A female gardener wearing a green apron.
Gardening Tips and Tricks
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Gardening Advice
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 1:31:35 PM on 10.0.1.114 in 970 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.