Fried Ravioli

I have been a chef in fine dining for years, but I learned this recipe in one the first sous chef positions I had at an old Italian restaurant. I like this recipe because it's fast, kid friendly, and I have found from fine dining to southern cooking, everyone loves this recipe because everyone loves fried foods and pasta.

The number one reason I love this recipe is because you can go all natural by making your own sauces or even pasta or you can go the economical and fast method by using frozen/ready made sauces.

• 1 pack of Frozen Ravioli (your choice of flavor)
  • 3 to 4 Tbsp. of shortening
  • 1 jar Alfredo or tomato sauce (your palette, your choice)
  • basil for garnish (optional)

Directions:

Go to your local grocery store, head to the frozen food section, and find frozen ravioli. I love this recipe because you can choose if you want all veggies or a seafood route. Do not use canned ravioli. For best results, thaw the ravioli 1-2 hours before frying

If you have a fryer of some sort, fry until the ravioli floats. If you are like me, with frying pan in hand, use about 3 tablespoons 100% Vegetable shortening (you can choose just regular old Crisco, I figure, if I am frying I mine as well try to go healthy, if that makes sense).

Now, I always make my own Alfredo or tomato sauce and freeze it in portions for occasions like this, but you can also pick up just a quick ready made sauce of your choice - Alfredo, tomato, or even a can of cream of mushroom would work. Start heating sauce using medium setting when you start heating up your oil.

When you warm up your shortening, start with the stove set to low, then work your way up to medium. Do not exceed medium.

Cook ravioli four at a time until the pasta forms a hard crust (6-7 minutes). Flip the ravioli twice while frying. Be careful not to cook the pasta to long, it will cook the stuffing out of the ravioli.

Grab your a couple of your kids brown lunch bags, they absorb all of the oil from the ravioli and don't leave stuff on the ravioli like paper towels. Let the ravioli only rest for about 2 minutes.

Your sauce should get ready to serve when your ravioli is coming out of the oil, so plate ravioli first, then smother with sauce and enjoy! If you want to dress it up, grab a couple sprigs of basil or grate some fresh Parmesan cheese on top.

Servings: 2
Time:15-20 Minutes Preparation Time
7 to 8 mins Minutes Cooking Time

By mandyleigh11 from Burlington, NC

I don't think I'd care to make a recipe that takes 15-20 hours prep time. I'm assuming this was a typo?

Editor's Note: Sorry about that, it is part of our form. It should read minutes instead. I have changed it above.

Stir-Fried Pasta
Fried Pasta Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes PastasAugust 2, 2010
Beef Ravioli Soup
Beef Ravioli Soup Recipes
Fried ice cream.
Fried Ice Cream Recipes
Fried Dill Pickle Chip Recipes
Homemade ravioli being cut apart.
Homemade Ravioli Recipes
🎉
🎄