Freezing Cooked Zucchini

When freezing zucchini, do l shredded it after I cook it and then freeze it?

By Susan from lN

Hi Susan! I have had good luck with simply shredding it, measuring it out into 4 cup increments, and freezing it. I have noticed that when I thaw it to use in baking bread, the quantity is about half of the freshly shredded variety. I guess that is from the liquid portion freezing and thawing. I recently read that you should squeeze out the liquid before freezing. I think I will give that a try this year. Good luck!

If you plan to use the shredded zucchini in bread, you don't cook it anyway. You just leave it raw. I shred mine, put in freezer without any other prep. Sometimes it gets a little too "soupy" when frozen so you might want to drain some of the moisture off so your bread turns out ok.

I just shred it raw and put it in freezer bags. Once thawed I usually drain and squeeze out excess water.

I, too, just shred and freeze in a freezer bag. For fried or baked zucchini, I slice it and bread it, freeze on a cookie sheet then put into a bag and put into the freezer. I do the same with my okra.

A cutting board with whole and sliced zucchini.
Freezing Zucchini
Food and Recipes Freezing VegetablesJune 28, 2010
Zucchini Bread
Freezing Zucchini Bread
Chopped Zucchini
Sweet Zucchini Pie Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Bread Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes
Zucchini Salad Recipes