I starting dating my boyfriend about a week ago. His 18th birthday is on the 20th of this month and I don't really know what to get for him. I am thinking about making him dinner, but I'm not sure what to make. Any gift ideas and easy recipes for a 17 year old girl?
By Emily from NC
Being that you have been dating for only a short time I wouldn't go to any great lengths for a present. Making Him dinner is more than you would need to do but would be a good present none the less. For that matter I wouldn't even bother with trying to make him something he may not like (since you don't know Him very well). Offer to take Him out to dinner. Go to a buffet, maybe chinese or Golden Corral. Can't miss with finding anything to eat at those locations unless He is a Vegan.
You could make spaghetti and a salad and cake. Then give him a bag of Hershey kisses and tell him you wanted to give him some kisses. Perhaps a couple homemade certificates for homework help or going for a walk or washing his car, etc.
Keep it simple and not too serious.
Yes, by all means feed him, but make sure it is something he can really pig out on. Guys like that. Do you you know what kind of food he eats? Does he eat lots of veggies, is he a meat and potatoes type, or both? If he likes spicy food, I have a really great recipe for honey hot wings...
Hot Honey Wings
1 cup honey
1 cup hot sauce- I use Franks
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (add more if you can stand it)
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 teaspoon chili powder
2 pounds of washed chicken wings (dry with paper towel before putting them in the zip lock bag)
1. Mix first 5 ingredients together in a medium size bowl.
2. Put washed chicken wings in a zip lock bag, pour mixture in and close bag, letting out as much air as possible.
3. Put in fridge to marinate over night.
4. When ready to prepare, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
5. Dump the whole thing in a baking dish large enough to accommodate, and let it cook for about 40 minutes, turning the pieces a few times. Arrange on a nice platter. (Add sprigs of parsley at the edges, randomly spaced if you want it to look nice.) You can serve it with sour cream on the side, or maybe someone else has other ideas. My 18 year old grand-daughter loves this recipe She serves it to all her friends and they can't get enough of it. Also, you should provide a damp bar towel on a sandwich plate. This is very messy and fun to eat.
I got this recipe years ago out of a newspaper and tweaked it over the years. Butter was one of the ingredients, but I don't use it because it negates most of the heat.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!