Store Aluminum Cans on Yarn

I like to keep my empty aluminum cans hanging on a string of yarn. I tie the first can onto the yarn. The other cans I string on this through the pull tab. You can't pull the tab too high or it will fall off. This works for me because I don't have a lot of space for holding them in plastic bags. I take a string of twelve of them to the church for the youth group every other week or so.

I put a loop in the top and hang it on a nail or anything it will hang on. Sometimes I tie a paper clip to the top and unbend it to form a hanger and then hang it from that.

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

I probably empty more cans than you do, since I'm a beer drinker.

I rinse my empties with water and then crush them -- first by twisting the sides and then stomping them. I can generally load quite a few pounds of crushed cans into one 13 gallon garbage bag.

The last time I sold them I got $10.40. Then I bought a steak lunch that cost me $10.50 -- including tip.

Loved it!

Items for Recycling in Blue Bin
Organizing Recycling Items
Organizing Garbage and RecyclingApril 6, 2010
Tuna Cans
Uses for Tuna Cans
Tin Can Man Being Constructed
Crafts Using Aluminum (Tin) Cans
Row of holiday trailers in a park.
Cleaning Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Clothing, Removing Tar from Upholstery, Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
Removing Tar from Aluminum Siding
🎄
🍂