Re-cover Worn Shoes

I had a pair of shoes that really looked like they needed a 'pick-me-up' to give them some new life. I took some Fabri-Tac glue and some scrap fabric and measured to fit the shoes.

Since the glue I used is washable, I knew it would be good for the purpose. I don't plan to wash the shoes, but the fabric bonded is permanent with this glue. Before, the shoes had places that were pretty worn and stained. This was a good way to give them a new look.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Excellent tip - especially since it obviously worked so well for you. I'm not that old, but I can remember a day when most folks re-covered or repaired items rather than discarding for new. I suppose you'd have made some cobbler's day if the functional part were worn and you had taken them for repair... do they even still repair shoes? Hmm...

vintage leather shoes
Extending the Life of Shoes
Consumer Advice Clothing TipsMay 23, 2011
Trying on New Shoes
Breaking in New Shoes
Dirty tennis shoes.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Man Repairing a Shoe
Repairing Shoes
boot planter
Uses for Old Shoes