Scenery: Hyacinth (WA)

I live in South Central Washington State which is a desert area. The courtyard of my apartment complex is really nice with a swimming pool, a man made creek, and a couple of purple desert cherry trees, pine trees, and some wild rose bushes. There are no flowers planted except in the flower pots, around the swimming pool.

Year after year this one little lone hyacinth bulb pushes itself up out of the ground. It never ever gets watered by man, but yet the winter snow and spring rain gives it just enough moisture to renew itself to bloom, and live it's short season before taking a nap until the next spring.

I just wanted to share one of the many wonders of God's special gift of life no matter how tiny they may seem, and that the will of all life forms no matter how meager the tools given for survival can bloom and grow with 'just enough'.

By Deeli

Love your poetic description, Deeli - I can see that little flower so clearly in my mind's eye. Thumbs up!

Mother Nature perseveres yet again...beautiful.

Summer Poppy Garden
Summer Garden Flower Photos
Photos SceneryApril 15, 2011
Summer Hyacinth
Growing Summer Hyacinth
Water Hyacinth Plants
Getting Rid of Water Hyacinth Plants
Camassia (Wild Hyacinth)
Growing Camassia (Wild Hyacinth)
Purple Hyacinth
Growing Hyacinth