Vinegar and Water to Remove Odors From Clothing

Use a solution of 50/50 water and white distilled vinegar to spray a mist on synthetic fibers that smell "odd" even after they have been laundered. Repeat if necessary. It may take two or three mists to get the desired effect. Allow the garment to dry after each spray mist. I had a snowmobile suit given to me that was nearly new. Nobody wanted to wear it because of the horrible odor from the synthetic fabric. I laundered it thinking it would disappear. It didn't. I tried the vinegar/water spray mist and can't notice the odor any longer.

By duckie-do from Cortez, CO

We've really got to try this. The best part? Vinegar is so inexpensive!

Consumer Advice Clothing TipsOctober 13, 2010
vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
Dog Urinating Outdoors
Homemade Cleaner for Pet Urine Odors
Water Softener
Buying a Water Softener
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet
🎉
🎄