Pet PagesPets

Cleo (Shepherd Mix)

Cleo is a 10 year old shepherd mix. A month before I found Cleo, a man tried to break in my home. I decided I needed a good watch dog. I took my pom to get her groomed, and standing outside the fence was the most unusual looking dog. She was beautiful and a rescue dog. Matter of fact, they were waiting on the shelter to pick her up. Instead she came home with me.

I was expecting to get a good watch dog for outside. She wound up being a 100 pound house dog. Cleo is a great watch dog but only inside my home. She watches the kitchen table for leftovers. You know kids, under the table the food goes to the dog. She loves to chase the squirrels in my back yard. When I take my son outside, she loves for him to chase her in his walker. She has brought out the best in my son.

When I found Cleo, she was thin and shy, but I knew in my heart she was a good dog. She has become my special needs son's best friend and has helped us as a therapy dog would. She is so smart; sometimes I think she has us trained. LOL

By cjmom

Sometimes our pets know better than we do, especially when it comes to

special needs. That's probably why she chose to be an indoor doggie.

They never fail to amaze me. A wonderful story. Thank you.

HokeyPoke

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What is funny, at one time I called her a misfit, like the (Island of Misfit Toys). She was lost and wanted a home, so many animals out there are just waiting for that special family. Thank you for your feedback.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

"Cleo is a great watch dog, only inside my home. She watches the kitchen table for leftovers."

That is the funniest thing I have ever read about a dog! That is hilarious!

Cleo looks like our Rottie Mix. Our Rottie mix was one that kind of came to us in an unusual circumstance. Someone dumped her, or she escaped, or whatever the case may be. We live by a road, and people think since it leads up a mountain, that it is ok to leave animals and dump them, as if somehow the fact that there is a mountain means they can fend for themselves, of course, Bruno showed exactly what some dogs will do when dumped, sit in the middle of the road.

That is exactly what Bruno did, right in front of our house. My husband went to see him and look at his teeth, and check him out. He has been in our yard ever since, no one claimed him or anything, several offers, but no, he is ours. He had no identification on him or anything.

He has been a wonderful pet and friend, and like Cleo, he seems to love watching everywhere for treats, and leftovers. LOL. My husband's German Shepherd used to know five minutes before a seizure would start in my daughter. He would go and nudge her into a sitting postion.

Once the seizures were under control, he never went to her that way and nudged her again. Dogs are so amazing, and they know a lot of things we don't. Thank you for sharing this beautiful story of Cleo!

Here is our Bruno, otherwise known as Buddinsky, because whatever people are doing with another animal, he always comes and butts in on whatever it is that is taking place. He is a hoot!

Robyn

Reply Like this photo? Yes

You know God had plans. He sent you Bruno and we got Cleo. It shows everything has a reason. Thank you for sharing the picture he is beautiful. Just like my Cleo.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

I can't say that I've ever met a "dumb" animal, but I sure have met a bunch of dumb people. It'd be wonderful if we knew what the animals know about health issues and who needs them the most. Maybe one day, our really smart people will figure it out. Somehow I doubt it though. It just wouldn't be the same. They'd want to be paid up front for it. Animals never ask for anything more than to be loved and maybe that's why God gave them such

special talents.

Lee

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a cute story. I am a "cat person" but even I can see that he is a very special and loving dog!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Cleo looks more like a doberman mix than shepherd mix to me. But she is beutiful & has a very sweet face! Animals are so smart, & it seems that the smartest dogs can always sense what is needed from them most even when we don't know ourselves. You thought you needed a watch dog but Cleo knew your son needed a buddy who would challenge him! I think you got both, just looking at Cleo would probably scare potential no-gooders off! Nobody has to know she's a marshmallow inside! LOL!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

God certainly knew what he was doing when he gave us the wonderful loving, giving an faithful canine. klr

Reply Like this photo? Yes