Caring for a White Leather Sofa

We are thinking of purchasing a white leather sofa but are wondering how hard it is to keep clean. Anyone have any experience with this?

Lauren from Seattle, WA

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By JILL 6 18 03/28/2006

I have a leather sofa, its brown. I have 4 children ages 4-18 years and a Greyhound. And I absolutely love it. When it gets dirty I just wash it down with soap and water. I also use Pledge wipes and wipe it down every now and then.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Poco (Guest Post) 03/28/2006

My neighbor has a white leather chair from Lazyboy, she hates it, can't read the paper in the chair because of the ink, hands always have to be clean. To much maintance, said next chair will be a darker color.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Katie 13 58 03/29/2006

I had a white leather sofa...we loved it! It was so much more easy to care for than fabric couches (which we have now)! All we did was wipe it down with soapy water! Our was textured, and getting in the little cracks were a pain but I used a brush. If I were to buy a couch now I would buy a leather one, but make sure it was smooth and not textured. As for it being white, yeah you will see everything that gets on it, but it does clean easily. So, that would depend on your lifestyle.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No