Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Maytag Washer Error Codes

Your washer has stopped working and is flashing a code on the display. This is a guide about Maytag washer error codes.

February 11, 2016 Flag

I have a Maytag Maxima steam x front load washer. I have had to call a repair tech once and it cost $200. In mid cycle it throws e01 and f08 codes, the door will not unlock and there is no power. It just did it again a week after repair. Here is my tip. I kept unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in over and over for about 15 minutes, continuously. It finally unlocked and reset itself. I wish I had tried this to begin with. Just don't give up, keep messing with it until it catches.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Was your motor still on. Mine is but door don't open and it will not reset

March 8, 2017 Flag

I have a Maytag Bravo MVWX700XW1 washer. What does error code F7 E1 mean and how do I repair it? Thank you.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

In addition to Judy's response where she found the information from: http://producth  ront_Load_Washer

Another website Sears Expert says, to unplug and replug in the power cord.

If the problem still, do you still have warranty for someone to come out and check your washing machine.

September 4, 2016 Flag

My Maytag front load washer will not start. It flashes the letter "F" then the number "11".

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

my maytag washer runs fine, untilit gets to the spin cycle. when it get to the spin cycle it flashes f9 or e1

I have a Maytag front load washer, model MFW9600SQO. The F02 and SUD codes show up during washing even though I have done the following: Replaced water pump and strainer. Cleaned out behind the door gasket, cleaned out ball on top of drain at the bottom of the washer. Inspected hose from pump to drain pipe for blockage and found none. Identified that water is flowing into and out of washer. I have unplugged the washer overnight. I have run machine without soap 3-4 times.

I can get it to run, but get the FO2 and SUD code towards the end of wash cycle. If I press the off button once and start button twice I can get it to continue to run, but this has to be repeated every 3 minutes or so until the was is done. What do I do now?

By William B.

Answer Was this helpful? 1
Best Answer

I copied this answer from a website called fixya.com. Hope this helps.

If it's not draining properly and shows this F02 Code there may be a simple solution. Take the bottom front panel off (it has 3 screws.) There will be an off white circular plastic thing there. Resembles the top to a cannister. Twist it off. There will be a good bit of water if it hasn't drained properly. I put a cookie sheet under it to catch most of the water. Once you completely unscrew the top off hopefully your problem will be right there. Unbelievable... we found 2 socks, a glove, a bead, coins and don't ask me but there was a nail in there as well. I was so happy that we didn't need to pay a repair man.

February 16, 2015 Flag

What is error code F20?

By Nancy T.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You can try a search yourself or the actual Maytag explanation site:

http://www.mayt  d-washer/PH5130/

August 21, 2016 Flag

I have a Maytag Neptune Washer MAH5500BWW. The service cycle displays code PA and h. What are these codes? The washer won't start, the display board works, and it runs a service cycle.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

One site stated that the code is indicating the speed of the drum, so it is not an actual error code

THis here might be useful because it is the actual manual for this machine, and it states that the codes are found in Section 5: https://www.man  /258287?page=125

September 26, 2016 Flag

The error code F21 is displayed on my Maytag front load washer. How can I fix it?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How to fix it lost my book

July 12, 2016 Flag

My front load machine is showing an error code 3E. What does that mean?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My washer showing code E3 what do that mean

February 27, 2014 Flag

My Maytag Neptune washer is throwing an error code d4. Help?

By Teri from Elyria, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Your manual should explain all the error codes. I really got a scare the first time I got an error code on my brand new sewing machine. I looked it up and found out my bottom thread was tangled. I hope yours is that simple. Mine turned out to be Code Red Operator Silliness. Hope yours is too.

February 14, 2014 Flag

I have a Maytag Neptune washer. I was washing a small load when the unit stopped with a code ND. There is dirty water in drum. It won't spin or drain.

By John

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

The User Guide for my Neptune washer suggests checking for a kinked drain hose or a plugged stand pipe if you get error code ND. If you still have problems you could call their customer service line at 1-888-462-9824.

September 28, 2013 Flag

I am getting the code 5D on my top load washing machine model # mvw8450wq1.

By Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is the customer service line for Maytag

http://www.maytag.com/contact-us/

June 22, 2013 Flag

My washer stopped and is blinking F1. It is full of water; what does this mean?

By Susan from Suffield, CT

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I found a link which said to press pause/cancel and then restart. If it doesn't work call for service. The link also said that is is a common problem and is the reason for a number of lawsuits.

Here is the link:

http://answers.  606052556AAcxd8y

April 22, 2015 Flag

The code OE comes up. What does it mean?

By Pamela B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have an lg washer and OE means either a clogged or pinched drain hose.

July 2, 2016 Flag

I am in need of some assistance that the kind of folks at Maytag are either unable or unwilling to perform. My washer, three years old, is giving me an error code of 'f6 e1' followed by three rapid beeps. It's part of the 2000 series (the one with only bad reviews on Amazon), model #MHWE201YW00.

I have already swapped out the machine control board at the advice of a local serviceman, and before I light more money on fire I figured the wise sages of the internet could render better assistance than I've received thus far.

Thanks for solving my first world problem.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 2, 2015 Flag

I have a Maytag Bravo 400 quiet series washer. I am getting the code "DL" and it won't start.

By Dolly D from TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can find the code description in your product manual or on the Maytag website.

September 23, 2014 Flag

It looks like my front loading Maytag will not go into the wash cycle and displays an error code F30. I have been unable to locate its meaning. Anyone know?

By James

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

From what I have seen on the net, it sounds as though your machine is having a dispenser issue. It could be that the dispenser motor is not working properly. You might try researching how to fix that. Hope this helps.

April 28, 2016 Flag

I have a Maytag 9000 series front load washer. I had an error code "f28". The repair man came out said it was the motor control panel so they replaced it. Now its throwing an "f99" code and nobody can figure it out do you have any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 22, 2016 Flag

What does e2 mean?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 30, 2015 Flag

The washer was not used for 2 months. Now every load gives ol code. It is not overloaded. I even get the code if my washer is empty.

By Ib

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You do not provide to washer manufacturer make so not sure of the OL code. May mean something is stuck in the works somewhere, a drag on the drive, or the control board is failing. Need a technician to take the washer apart to find the problem.

March 24, 2016 Flag

I have a Maytag front load washer. Once I set the cycle the estimated time remaining shows the proper time, like "45 minutes". Once I start the machine, it starts to fill with water (I'm not sure if it fills completely), then it often will start to wash a bit. Next, it beeps and the display in the estimated time remaining flashes a "H" then a "F", but will not complete the cycle. It just continues to flash these to letters (one after the other). I don't know what it means or how I can get it to wash.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

March 21, 2015 Flag

How do I clear the long drain code?

By Randy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It would help if you would provide the make, model, year, etc., of the washer as not all codes are the same.

March 17, 2015 Flag

How do I clear the "long drain" error code?

By Randy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Would help if you provide the washer brand and the code number as codes may be different by the manufacturer.

March 1, 2014 Flag

My Maytag Neptune washer is flashing an error code that looks like an upside down "F" and an "E". It won't run. Any help?

By James F.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Did you find out what it meant? I am having the same issue with mine. It's not in the manual nor did Maytag know when I called them.

Load More
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersMarch 28, 2013
Whirlpool Washer
Whirlpool Washer Error Codes
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
Codes on Food Packaging
Codes on Food Packaging
Bread Machine
Bread Machine Error Codes
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 21, 2017 at 11:29:09 PM on 10.0.2.164 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.