Maytag Washer Error Codes

Your washer has stopped working and is flashing a code on the display. This is a guide about Maytag washer error codes.

February 11, 2016 Flag

I have a Maytag Maxima steam x front load washer. I have had to call a repair tech once and it cost $200. In mid cycle it throws e01 and f08 codes, the door will not unlock and there is no power. It just did it again a week after repair. Here is my tip. I kept unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in over and over for about 15 minutes, continuously. It finally unlocked and reset itself. I wish I had tried this to begin with. Just don't give up, keep messing with it until it catches.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Read 1 Comment

September 4, 2016 Flag

My Maytag front load washer will not start. It flashes the letter "F" then the number "11".

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

my maytag washer runs fine, untilit gets to the spin cycle. when it get to the spin cycle it flashes f9 or e1

September 26, 2016 Flag

The error code F21 is displayed on my Maytag front load washer. How can I fix it?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

How to fix it lost my book

February 16, 2015 Flag

What is error code F20?

By Nancy T.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

You can try a search yourself or the actual Maytag explanation site:

http://www.mayt … d-washer/PH5130/

December 4, 2013 Flag

I have a Maytag front load washer, model MFW9600SQO. The F02 and SUD codes show up during washing even though I have done the following: Replaced water pump and strainer. Cleaned out behind the door gasket, cleaned out ball on top of drain at the bottom of the washer. Inspected hose from pump to drain pipe for blockage and found none. Identified that water is flowing into and out of washer. I have unplugged the washer overnight. I have run machine without soap 3-4 times.

I can get it to run, but get the FO2 and SUD code towards the end of wash cycle. If I press the off button once and start button twice I can get it to continue to run, but this has to be repeated every 3 minutes or so until the was is done. What do I do now?

By William B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I copied this answer from a website called fixya.com. Hope this helps.

If it's not draining properly and shows this F02 Code there may be a simple solution. Take the bottom front panel off (it has 3 screws.) There will be an off white circular plastic thing there. Resembles the top to a cannister. Twist it off. There will be a good bit of water if it hasn't drained properly. I put a cookie sheet under it to catch most of the water. Once you completely unscrew the top off hopefully your problem will be right there. Unbelievable... we found 2 socks, a glove, a bead, coins and don't ask me but there was a nail in there as well. I was so happy that we didn't need to pay a repair man.

February 27, 2014 Flag

My Maytag Neptune washer is throwing an error code d4. Help?

By Teri from Elyria, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

Your manual should explain all the error codes. I really got a scare the first time I got an error code on my brand new sewing machine. I looked it up and found out my bottom thread was tangled. I hope yours is that simple. Mine turned out to be Code Red Operator Silliness. Hope yours is too.

February 14, 2014 Flag

I have a Maytag Neptune washer. I was washing a small load when the unit stopped with a code ND. There is dirty water in drum. It won't spin or drain.

By John

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

The User Guide for my Neptune washer suggests checking for a kinked drain hose or a plugged stand pipe if you get error code ND. If you still have problems you could call their customer service line at 1-888-462-9824.

April 22, 2015 Flag

The code OE comes up. What does it mean?

By Pamela B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have an lg washer and OE means either a clogged or pinched drain hose.

August 21, 2016 Flag

I have a Maytag Neptune Washer MAH5500BWW. The service cycle displays code PA and h. What are these codes? The washer won't start, the display board works, and it runs a service cycle.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

January 2, 2015 Flag

I have a Maytag Bravo 400 quiet series washer. I am getting the code "DL" and it won't start.

By Dolly D from TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can find the code description in your product manual or on the Maytag website.

September 23, 2014 Flag

It looks like my front loading Maytag will not go into the wash cycle and displays an error code F30. I have been unable to locate its meaning. Anyone know?

By James

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

From what I have seen on the net, it sounds as though your machine is having a dispenser issue. It could be that the dispenser motor is not working properly. You might try researching how to fix that. Hope this helps.

July 12, 2016 Flag

My front load machine is showing an error code 3E. What does that mean?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 2, 2016 Flag

I am in need of some assistance that the kind of folks at Maytag are either unable or unwilling to perform. My washer, three years old, is giving me an error code of 'f6 e1' followed by three rapid beeps. It's part of the 2000 series (the one with only bad reviews on Amazon), model #MHWE201YW00.

I have already swapped out the machine control board at the advice of a local serviceman, and before I light more money on fire I figured the wise sages of the internet could render better assistance than I've received thus far.

Thanks for solving my first world problem.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 28, 2013 Flag

I am getting the code 5D on my top load washing machine model # mvw8450wq1.

By Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is the customer service line for Maytag

http://www.maytag.com/contact-us/

March 1, 2014 Flag

My Maytag Neptune washer is flashing an error code that looks like an upside down "F" and an "E". It won't run. Any help?

By James F.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Did you find out what it meant? I am having the same issue with mine. It's not in the manual nor did Maytag know when I called them.

June 22, 2013 Flag

My washer stopped and is blinking F1. It is full of water; what does this mean?

By Susan from Suffield, CT

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I found a link which said to press pause/cancel and then restart. If it doesn't work call for service. The link also said that is is a common problem and is the reason for a number of lawsuits.

Here is the link:

http://answers. … 606052556AAcxd8y

March 30, 2015 Flag

The washer was not used for 2 months. Now every load gives ol code. It is not overloaded. I even get the code if my washer is empty.

By Ib

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You do not provide to washer manufacturer make so not sure of the OL code. May mean something is stuck in the works somewhere, a drag on the drive, or the control board is failing. Need a technician to take the washer apart to find the problem.

March 21, 2015 Flag

How do I clear the long drain code?

By Randy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It would help if you would provide the make, model, year, etc., of the washer as not all codes are the same.

March 17, 2015 Flag

How do I clear the "long drain" error code?

By Randy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Would help if you provide the washer brand and the code number as codes may be different by the manufacturer.

March 7, 2015 Flag

What does F12 on a Maytag 3000 washer mean?

By G from C

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The Maytag product manual has all codes and their meanings. You can also contact Maytag directly by phone or email from this site:

http://www.maytag.com/support/

February 13, 2015 Flag

My washer started and then stopped, flashing the error code FL. What is the problem?

By Joey J.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The name, model, etc., of your washer would help here as most manufacturers use their own codes for problems. However, I tried an online search for the code and found that Kenmore washers use the FL code for problems with the water pump. I copied an answer on the "shopyourway" website here:

The water in the tub can be drained by lowering the drain hose to the ground over a small catch pan. The 1st image below shows the path of the water in drain. If the drain hose is lowered then gravity should allow the water to drain out. If you lower the hose and no water comes out then there is a blockage in the hose or the pump.

If no water drained out when the drain hose was lowered then I recommend first removing the hoses connected to the pump and check for obstructions.

To access the pump you will need to lay the washer on its back and remove the bottom access panel. See the 3rd image to access and change the drain pump.

Of course the flood switch could be bad or suds in the machine can cause a false FL code but check the pump and the hoses first. Of course, you may require a service tech to diagnose and correct the problem for you.

January 20, 2015 Flag

I received a code oL on estimated time remaining. What does that mean?

By Lynn S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If it isn't overloaded, there may be something stuck between the wash basket and the rest of the machine. Removing the basket may dislodge it.

In case it's just an overload, try washing fewer clothes at one time. Clothes should reach no higher than the top of the basket before they get wet and not have to be pressed down.

January 4, 2015 Flag

I have Maytag dishwasher model MDW700EDWG. It is showing error code F7 when I power on the machine. Can you help me to provide more information on this code?

By Milind

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The product manual that came with your machine will have the code meaning. Also, the Maytag website can help with your problem.

Load More
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersMarch 28, 2013
Whirlpool Washer
Whirlpool Washer Error Codes
A bed in a bedroom.
Electric Blanket Error Codes
Codes on Food Packaging
Codes on Food Packaging
Bread Machine
Bread Machine Error Codes
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 6, 2017 at 11:09:24 AM on 10.0.2.82 in 21 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.