Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Maytag Washer Error Codes

0 0EmailFollow
washing machine

Your washer has stopped working and is flashing a code on the display. This is a guide about Maytag washer error codes.

Here are questions related to Maytag Washer Error Codes.

Question: Maytag Top Load Washer Displaying 5D Error Code

I am getting the code 5D on my top load washing machine model # mvw8450wq1.

By Linda

Most Recent Answer

By Robyn [361]09/29/2013

Here is the customer service line for Maytag

http://www.maytag.com/contact-us/

Question: Maytag Bravo Washer Error Code F51

What does code F51 mean? The washer won't run. It's been fine for several years. It is a model MVWD75OW from 2005.

By Bob

Question: F1 Flashing on Washer

My washer stopped and is blinking F1. It is full of water; what does this mean?

By Susan from Suffield, CT

Most Recent Answer

By Robyn [361]06/24/2013

I found a link which said to press pause/cancel and then restart. If it doesn't work call for service. The link also said that is is a common problem and is the reason for a number of lawsuits.

Here is the link:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100606052556AAcxd8y

Question: Maytag Error Code 9

My Maytag 2000 is beeping continually with a code 9.

By Michael B.

Question: Maytag Front Loader Error Codes

I have a Maytag MAF1300AAW front loader washing machine. It goes through the wash cycle as many times as I like, but as soon as it tries the rinse cycle it stops with error number 2 on the screen. No Fs or Ds before or after the 2, just error number 2. If I select the final spin cycle it does that quite happily and turns off, but it will not look at the rinse cycle. What is error number 2?

By Chris B.

Question: Error Codes on Maytag Maxima Washer

An error code F06 and E02 is flashing on my washer.

By Winder A from Fort Lauderdale, FL

Question: Compact Washer Error Code F05

My compact Maytag washer MHWC7500YW is displaying an error code F05.

By Susan

It gave me a code of F02 what does this mean?

By Stacey

Question: Error Code F28

What does an error code F28 on a coin op commercial front load washer mean?

By John

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying Error Code F02

We have F02 code on our Maytag Epic. We cleaned out the drain, but it still is not draining properly and the code F02 keeps coming up. What else can we do to fix the problem?

By Lisa C

Question: Maytag Error Codes

What does the code LD mean on the Maytag 30000?

By Tara

Question: Washing Machine Showing Error Code F02

I cleaned the hose in back of the washer out and cleaned the filter under the machine and am still getting sud and fo2 codes.

By HW

Question: Maytag Error Code

My Maytag washer mfw1012 displayed the F23 error code. Does anyone know what this means?

By orayb

Question: Maytag Front Load Washer Not Rinsing

My washer is on rinse cycle but no longer works. It is flashing H and F.

By Suzanne V

Question: Washer Stop Working

OK I changed mother board and the controller on the bottom. I cleared all codes with 88 at the end. When I turn it on sometimes I will get a small click after the door locks when the water turns on and it won't run. If you let it sit for 2 minutes it goes to error E1 F6. Now if I unplug it and plug it in it will turn on and start filling then after it is filled it goes to error. Now if I unplug it and then plug it back in with about 15 seconds in between the water is discharged and then it goes to error. Please help.

By tree

Question: Maytag Washer Error Codes

My Maytag washer is flashing two error codes, F41 and F51. What do they mean?

By marquezf65

Most Recent Answer

By den-den10/09/2014

for f51 code check it out on you tube. type f51 maytag. turns out, it was a wayward sock.

Question: Maytag Washer Error Code

My washer won't do anything. The code F DL comes up. What does the code mean?

By Tina B.

Most Recent Answer

By Abigail A. [2]09/29/2014

It means there is something wrong with the door lock.

Question: Washer Displaying F30 Error Code

It looks like my front loading Maytag will not go into the wash cycle and displays an error code F30. I have been unable to locate its meaning. Anyone know?

By James

Most Recent Answer

By Paula F.09/29/2014

I had the same thing on my Kenmore and my book said unbalance but after several attempts of balance, cleaning, on and on I called the company out to fix it and the belt was loose and needed to be replaced. I also got it again and cleaned all the dispensers, inside the drum, checked under the rubber that goes around the drum found a couple lonely socks, no idea why and not ever again did it show up. Still a mystery.

Question: Maytag Washer Error Code

What does the code "OD" mean?

By Shel from South Fork, TX

Most Recent Answer

By Roberta S. [2]09/01/2014

Don't know what it means in a washing machine, but I can tell you what it means in an Emergency Room!

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying Error code F33

Maytag model MHWZ400TQ00 displays F33 error code and stops before cycle finishes. What does this code indicate?

By George

Question: Maytag Error Codes E1 and F6

I have a Maytag front load washer 3000 series.
It will not start and error codes E1 and F6 flash on the screen.

By Bill L. from Billings, MT

Question: Maytag Error Code

My Maytag washing machine will begin washing for a minute or two. After a minute or two it will stop and L6 appears on the screen. Today is the second day this has happened. Can you please explain to me what's L6 and how can I correct the problem?

By D. White from Home in LA

Question: Maytag Washer Error Codes

I have a Maytag front load washer, 2000 series (MHWE201). What does F1 E2 tell me? The door locks, I can unlock with switch pull cord only. I just cleaned the hoses and filter and put them back. It has leaked, but seems to have stopped that problem. It also displays E2 F5.

By Judy

Question: Maytag Maxima Error Codes

I have a Maytag Maxima washer; what do codes f06, e02,and f01 mean?

By Mark

Question: Maytag Washer Error Codes

I own a Maytag 9000 series steam washer. After starting, when running water, it displays "sud" followed by F 35 what can I do?

By Catherine f. from Greenwood County Hospital

Question: Maytag Washer Flashing E01 and F06 Codea

My Maytag washer stopped working and is flashing codes E01 and F06. What does this mean?

By Kishore

Most Recent Answer

By Gloria Z [5]06/08/2014

Call the manufacture and ask them.

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying 3E Error Code

I have a Maytag washer, mah24. An error code comes up 3E. Does anyone knows what this means?

By bk from Reading, PA

Most Recent Answer

By Gloria Z [5]06/02/2014

Call the manufacturer and ask them what to do.

Question: Maytag Bravo Washer Flashing Error Code F51

My Maytag Bravo top load washer got wet in 8 inches of flood water. It is now flashing F51 error code. What can I do to fix it?

By Larry K.

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying 5H or SH Codes

I get a code either 5H or SH. Does anyone know what this means? My washer won't start. This happened after a power outage.

By Tim K.

Question: Maytag Washer Error Code 73

My Maytag front loader steam washer MHWE500VP has code 73. What does this mean?

By Rose

Most Recent Answer

By Wanda 04/14/2014

Hello, try Youtube. It has everything you need to repair step by step. Good Luck

What does the F02 fault code stand for on a Maytag 4000 series washing machine?

By Marcia N.

Question: Maytag EpicZ Displaying Error Code F-24

My Maytag EpicZ front load washer won't start and shows error code F-24. What does this mean?

By Randy L

Question: Maytag Neptune Displaying Error Code E3

What does it mean when my washer stops before it spins and has error code E3?

By Mary

Question: Maytag Neptune Washer Error Codes

My Maytag Neptune washer is displaying FN code. What does this mean?

By Paul

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying Error Code

Closeup of washer display.I have a Maytag washer model: MFR60PDCTS. The screen shows (Err9: Door End (D6). Does anyone know what is the real issue? Thank you.

By Aldo

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying Error Code LS

My Maytag washing machine has the error code LS and then it shows remaining time left to wash, but it quits washing.

By Diane R

Question: UL Error Code for a Maytag Bravo Washer

My Bravo washer had the code UL and won't finish the load.

By bubba shell from Cleveland, TN

Most Recent Answer

By Krista Shackleford03/10/2014

I have a Cabrio, but occasionally the same code will pop up. In my case, it means 'unbalanced load'. Take the clothes out and redistribute them to where the weight of the clothes is close to equal all around. It seems as if the HE washers are real touchy about that.

Question: Maytag Error Codes

My Maytag Neptune washer is flashing an error code that looks like an upside down "F" and an "E". It won't run. Any help?

By James F.

Most Recent Answer

By Kevin K.11/04/2014

Did you find out what it meant? I am having the same issue with mine. It's not in the manual nor did Maytag know when I called them.

Question: Maytag Neptune Displaying Code D4

My Maytag Neptune washer is throwing an error code d4. Help?

By Teri from Elyria, OH

Best Answer

By Marty Dick [140]02/28/2014

Your manual should explain all the error codes. I really got a scare the first time I got an error code on my brand new sewing machine. I looked it up and found out my bottom thread was tangled. I hope yours is that simple. Mine turned out to be Code Red Operator Silliness. Hope yours is too.

Question: Wash Light is Blinking on Washer

Wash light keeps blinking and washer not working.

By Peggy from Lacombe, LA

Question: Washer Displaying Error Code E2 and F5

I already checked the pump and it still won't do anything.

By Jack from Las Vegas, NV

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying ND Code

I have a Maytag Neptune washer. I was washing a small load when the unit stopped with a code ND. There is dirty water in drum. It won't spin or drain.

By John

Best Answer

By Beverly June M.02/15/2014

The User Guide for my Neptune washer suggests checking for a kinked drain hose or a plugged stand pipe if you get error code ND. If you still have problems you could call their customer service line at 1-888-462-9824.

Question: Maytag Washer Won't Start

There is no power until I have opened door then "- - -" appears on display and it will not start. It is a brand new Maxima x steam. I can't find this code anywhere.

By Kelly

Most Recent Answer

By Linda R. [2]02/08/2014

Call maytag they have a "trouble shooting" team. Look up the maytag number on line and give them a call. They will be able to locate the proper number.

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying B1 code

I have a Maytag washer model number mhwz600tb01. It has displayed the B1 code, and there is smoke coming from inside it.

By Nathaniel T. from Sikeston, MO

Most Recent Answer

By Wanda 01/25/2014

I don't know the problem but I might could lead you to a better direction for answers. Try YouTube. Almost certain somewhere on there someone has posted this problem and how to repair yourself. It's my new go-to, fix-it-yourself destination! Hope this helps!

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying Code F

My Maytag Bravo model MTW67 tq has a fault code F cleared, but it comes back. I smell plastic burning.

By Matt

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying NF Error Code

I own a Maytag Neptune model mah5500b. Can someone tell me what an NF error code refers to and a possible solution?

By Doug

Question: Maytag Commercial Washer Error Code D17

I have a Maytag commercial washer MAH20PNAWW. It has error code d17 that I cannot get fixed. I have replaced the motor, motor control board, wax motor, and door switch.

By JG from Winnipeg

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying Error Code P1

My Maytag washer, model MAH8700AWW, will not drain and is displaying error code P1
Does anyone know what that code indicates?

By Don

Question: Washer Displaying L Error Code

I have a stacked washer and dryer LSE 1000. My washer fills with water, but then displays "L" and will not start the wash cycle.

By Olin

Question: Maytag Error Code LF

How can I fix my Maytag 2000 series washer? It has a code LF displayed. What can I do to fix it?

By Rhonda from High Springs, FL

Question: Washer Displaying F20 Code

Our washer is showing F20. What is it and what do we need to do?

By Ken R

Question: Maytag 2000 Series Error Codes

My front loader Maytag 2000 series keeps flashing error code F3 and E2. I need help and and I can't find my manual.

By Patti

Question: Maytag Error Codes FO2 and SUD

I have a Maytag front load washer, model MFW9600SQO. The F02 and SUD codes show up during washing even though I have done the following: Replaced water pump and strainer. Cleaned out behind the door gasket, cleaned out ball on top of drain at the bottom of the washer. Inspected hose from pump to drain pipe for blockage and found none. Identified that water is flowing into and out of washer. I have unplugged the washer overnight. I have run machine without soap 3-4 times.

I can get it to run, but get the FO2 and SUD code towards the end of wash cycle. If I press the off button once and start button twice I can get it to continue to run, but this has to be repeated every 3 minutes or so until the was is done. What do I do now?

By William B.

Best Answer

By Lorraine Thibodeau D.12/06/2013

I copied this answer from a website called fixya.com. Hope this helps.
If it's not draining properly and shows this F02 Code there may be a simple solution. Take the bottom front panel off (it has 3 screws.) There will be an off white circular plastic thing there. Resembles the top to a cannister. Twist it off. There will be a good bit of water if it hasn't drained properly. I put a cookie sheet under it to catch most of the water. Once you completely unscrew the top off hopefully your problem will be right there. Unbelievable... we found 2 socks, a glove, a bead, coins and don't ask me but there was a nail in there as well. I was so happy that we didn't need to pay a repair man.

Question: Error Codes for Maytag Bravo

The following code appears on the display panel of my Maytag Bravo MCT top load washer, HC. What does this mean?

By TH

Question: Commercial Washer Displaying "Water in Cage" Error

The Commercial washer at our dry cleaner is saying "water in cage" and shows temperature and level 31 or 32. How do I fix? I have taken off most of the tubes to drain it already.

By Nick B

Question: Neptune Washer Doesn't Drain

My Neptune front loader washer is not draining and is showing a ND error code. What could be the problem? I had replaced the water pump and it still is not draining

By Ray

Question: Washer Displaying NF Error Code

We just moved and when I went to do my first load of laundry, it starts and will say how much time is left, then a few minutes later it says NF. Please help!

By Jamie

Most Recent Answer

By Krista Shackleford11/17/2013

Depending on your brand, mine is a Cabrio, it could be water level problems. Check to see the water is connected and open to your washer. That fixed it for us.

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying F9 and E1 Error Codes

I have a Maytag 2000 series front load washer. It is displaying an error code of F9 and E1.

By Melissa

Most Recent Answer

By alice [7]10/14/2013

These sites may help:

http://www.appliancefactoryparts.co ... /washing-machine-fault-codes/#Maytag

http://www.ehow.com/list_6755970_error-codes-maytag-washers.html

Question: Maytag Error Codes F and E1

By Marissa

Most Recent Answer

By LaCrista H.10/25/2013

I had the same error codes. Had to call Maytag to send out a repair tech. Turns out that the water pump was clogged with a sock. He removed it, and now it works. No error codes. It was covered under the warranty. Hope this helps!

Question: Maytag Neptune Displaying Error Code ND

My Maytag Neptune is 7 yrs old. I am getting a "nd" error and the door is locked. How can I unlock the door? I had a repairman out over a year ago, he told me what he did was make sure the door would not ever get stuck being locked. Well it's locked. Help! My autistic son keeps yelling at the machine, he's 24 but does not cope well. I have got to get this machine door open. No there is no string to pull. I can't think of the exact model number, but it's a Neptune front door, low water consumption. I pray this isn't very physically taxing. I couldn't watch the repairman at the time, so I don't just want to mess with something with the computer panel. Thank you in advance for your prompt response.

By Anna C

Most Recent Answer

By Honey09/13/2013

Dear Anna, this site gives you the answer hope that its just a quarter and not the impellers, Honey.xxx. http://forum.partsdr.com/showthread.php?18-Maytag-Neptune-washer-ND-error

Question: Washer Stops During Cycle and Displays ND Code

My front loader stops in the middle of the cycle and the letters ND come on and it won't drain. It is 10 years old. Please help.

By Charlotte

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying Code 6F

What is the 6f code for a Maytag washing machine Epic and how can I fix it?

By Patsy

Question: Washer Won't Open

My washer won't open. What is error code E2 F3?

By Traci

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie [11]08/21/2013

Check the user guide manual for a list of error code messages and the meanings.

If you don't have the user guide you can do an online search using the manufacturer name and the model of your machine to find your manufacturer's website where you can download a copy of the manual for free - if you can, print it off and put the hard copy into a three ring binder for offline future reference.

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying F11 Error Code

What does F11 flashing on a 7yr old Maytag front load washer mean?

By Terry

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie [11]08/21/2013

Question: Washer Displaying OP Error Codes

Neptune qasher keeps flashing OP code. Model FAV6800AWW. What is the problem and what do I need to do?

By Judy W.

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying Error Code LF

What does this mean when you are cleaning your washer for smells?

By Virginia from Gwinnett

Most Recent Answer

By Priscilla Phinney S.12/25/2013

Does anyone have any idea o f how to correct LF when it comes on?

Question: Maytag 3000 Front Load Washer Displaying F25 Code

I have a F 25 error code on my Maytag 3000 front load washer. I also notice the drum is not spinning. I watched it for 10 minutes.

By Biil

Question: Maytag Washer Displaying Error Code E3

For the Maytag washer MAH6700AWW, what is error code e3?

By Stve K

Most Recent Answer

By suemeyer12/25/2013

My Maytag washer stopped at the spin cycle and displayed E3 message.

Question: Maytag Washer Error Code F-7

My Maytag front load washer is displaying the error code F-7. Help me please, thanks.

By Frank

Question: Front Load Maytag Displaying "Suds" Code

My front load washer keeps saying "suds". I am not using a lot of soap and it does it all the time. Now I am calling my washer sudsy lol. Can someone help me please?

By Buddie

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie [11]07/25/2013

Try running the washer without soap on the hottest setting through a complete wash cycle - it sounds like your machine is trying to tell you that a 'suds lock' situation has happened.

Suds lock happens when soap accumulates in the machine over time and it doesn't take much to cause the condition. Most manufacturers recommend a monthly empty wash on hottest setting to clean the machine.

Also possible is the filter has become soap encrusted, the hot water wash should clear it.

Best thing really, though, is to go to the manufacturer website and use the search feature to find a free download of your model user guide/owner manual.

Question: Maytag Error Code

My 2000 series Maytag clothes washer is showing an E1 code. What does this mean?

By Alicia W

Question: Washer Door Won't Open After Code F21

My Maytag 3000 front loader threw a F 21 code. I can't open the door to take things out. How do I open and fix?

By Mjk from Houston

Question: Maytag F21 Code

What does code f21 mean when flashing on 3000 series front loader washer?

By Mjk

Question: EO Error Code in Neptune Washer

What does error code EO mean on a Neptune front loader washer mean? The washer starts fine, but stops mid-cycle and appears it is trying to spin. I hear the motor, but nothing happens.

By Rose

Question: Maytag Bravo Displaying LF Code

I've tried everything I can think of to learn what the LF code means, and how to fix it. I've even repositioned the whole machine. It is only 1 year old, the Bravo is a top loader. It worked great until a month ago. Now I have to repush the start button at least twice in a cycle after getting LF error code. Can anyone help?

By Marge

Question: Maytag Washer Flashing E1 and F9 Error Codes

My Maytag series 2000 stopped mid cycle and is flashing E1...F9 what is the problem?

By Dan w from Dillingham, AK

Question: My Washer is Displaying Error code F-30

My Maytag washer is displaying error code F-30. Please advise.
Thank you.

By Scott

Question: Maytag Washer Flashing Code F02

I have a Maytag front load washer. It is flashing F02 code what can I do?

By I Idris

Most Recent Answer

By Michelle W.05/13/2013

I did a search on the code and it says basically it is a draining problem. there are a number of suggestions. I just googled " Maytag Washer Code F02 " and a list come up. Hope this helps :0)

Question: Maytag Error Code

I have a Maytag series 2000 front loader that has an error code F1 E2. I have gone in and cleared the pump filter and there were items in there. However, now it still will not cycle and still shows the F1 E2 code. I also cannot unlock the front door to remove items to run a test.

By L B

Question: Neptune Washer Flashing FL Code

My Neptune washer flashes FL and won't drain. Any ideas? I think this happened before, maybe a filter clogged?

By Mike from Nashville

Question: Washer is Displaying D-5 Code

My Maytag frontloader is displaying a fault code of D-5. What does that mean and how do I repair?

By Laticia

Most Recent Answer

By Marti S. [20]04/14/2013

Googling it and found it'd s door open code.

Question: Maytag Washer Codes

What is a code 70 or 71 on a Maytag 3000 series?

By Vicky

Most Recent Answer

By Frugal Sunnie [11]04/11/2013

The codes should be listed in your owner/user manual. If you don't have one you can download it (for free) at the following link; use the search feature box to find the manual for your model machine:

https://www.maytag.com/webapp/wcs/s ... OpUUfCAXtvB5kw%3D%3D&ddkey=https:OCProductHelpArticleView

You can save the pdf to your computer but I also recommend printing a copy and putting it into a 3-ring binder that you keep by the washing machine. I do this and it saves a lot of questions like 'Mom, how do I...' when my son is visiting, and 'Honey, what the heck is an F02 error code?!' when my husband is 'helping' with the housework, lol!

We live in the UK now and often have house-guests over from the States; they tell me having the manuals handy (I also do the binder thing for other appliances) makes for a much nicer visit. And woohoo, these lovely, welcome guests often wash the linens just before leaving as a 'thank-you for the hospitality':)

Question: F3 Error Code on Maytag Neptune Washer

My Maytag Neptune washer has a code F3 displayed. It is a model #MAH8700AWW.

By John

Most Recent Answer

By Borgie L.11/19/2013

I have F25 flashing on my Maytag front load washer what that mean?

Question: Error Code 11 on Maytag Washer

I have an error code 11 on my Maytag Performance Series 3000 front load washer.
What are possible causes and solutions?

By Jon C from Zanesville, OH

Most Recent Answer

By Deanj05/22/2012

Made a mistake on the phone number. Correct phone number for Maytag is 1-800-344-1274

Question: Maytag Washer Not Draining and Displaying Suds and F21 Codes

I have a Maytag Performance series front load washer. It keeps reading "suds" and then goes to f21 and won't drain. What can I do?

By Hugo

Most Recent Answer

By KATHLEEN WESTBAY09/17/2011

I had the same problem, My issue was a small sock that was sucked into the drain tube at the bottom of the washer. The technician removed the bottom panal and drained (a lot) of water from the tubing, then the sock came out, it had been preventing the water from draining out. It didn't seem to be a difficult repair to do on your own, Good Luck

Question: Maytag Front Load Washer Error Codes

My 3 yr old Maytag HE front load washer displayed an "F" code. i have followed the instructions manual to troubleshoot the problem, like Pause/Off to cancel the cycle. The problem still exists and the door will not open. I have since pulled the plug. Has anyone else had this problem before? My Maytag model # is MFW9800TQ. I would appreciate any feedback.

By rob808 from Thibodaux, LA

Most Recent Answer

By rob808 [1]03/17/2010

The service guy just left. my maytag washer is all better now;). The culprit was a Lucky Bean! My 12 year old son's Lucky BEAN. thought I check all pockets. the service guy found the bean in the bottom drain pipe after removing the bottom panel of the washer. That bean just shut down the whole system due to the washer sensor. Ah well, all's well n good now;)

*the service guy even gave me a bottle of cleaning liquid to clean off the mildew.

Solutions: Maytag Washer Error Codes

Do you have knowledge about this guide topic? Feel free to share a solution!