Browsing: Maytag Washer Error Codes

Share a SolutionAsk a Question

Maytag Washer Error Codes

Your washer has stopped working and is flashing a code on the display. This is a guide about Maytag washer error codes.

washing machine
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

July 12, 2016 Flag

My front load machine is showing an error code 3E. What does that mean?

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

February 11, 2016 Flag

I have a Maytag Maxima steam x front load washer. I have had to call a repair tech once and it cost $200. In mid cycle it throws e01 and f08 codes, the door will not unlock and there is no power. It just did it again a week after repair. Here is my tip. I kept unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in over and over for about 15 minutes, continuously. It finally unlocked and reset itself. I wish I had tried this to begin with. Just don't give up, keep messing with it until it catches.

Comment On This PostMoreRead More...Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

July 2, 2016 Flag

I am in need of some assistance that the kind of folks at Maytag are either unable or unwilling to perform. My washer, three years old, is giving me an error code of 'f6 e1' followed by three rapid beeps. It's part of the 2000 series (the one with only bad reviews on Amazon), model #MHWE201YW00.

I have already swapped out the machine control board at the advice of a local serviceman, and before I light more money on fire I figured the wise sages of the internet could render better assistance than I've received thus far.

Thanks for solving my first world problem.

December 4, 2013 Flag

I have a Maytag front load washer, model MFW9600SQO. The F02 and SUD codes show up during washing even though I have done the following: Replaced water pump and strainer. Cleaned out behind the door gasket, cleaned out ball on top of drain at the bottom of the washer. Inspected hose from pump to drain pipe for blockage and found none. Identified that water is flowing into and out of washer. I have unplugged the washer overnight. I have run machine without soap 3-4 times.

I can get it to run, but get the FO2 and SUD code towards the end of wash cycle. If I press the off button once and start button twice I can get it to continue to run, but this has to be repeated every 3 minutes or so until the was is done. What do I do now?

By William B.

Best Answer

I copied this answer from a website called fixya.com. Hope this helps.

If it's not draining properly and shows this F02 Code there may be a simple solution. Take the bottom front panel off (it has 3 screws.) There will be an off white circular plastic thing there. Resembles the top to a cannister. Twist it off. There will be a good bit of water if it hasn't drained properly. I put a cookie sheet under it to catch most of the water. Once you completely unscrew the top off hopefully your problem will be right there. Unbelievable... we found 2 socks, a glove, a bead, coins and don't ask me but there was a nail in there as well. I was so happy that we didn't need to pay a repair man.

Read More Answers...

February 16, 2015 Flag

What is error code F20?

By Nancy T.

Best Answer

You can try a search yourself or the actual Maytag explanation site:

http://www.maytag.com/product-help/ ... -f20-or-fh-front-load-washer/PH5130/

February 27, 2014 Flag

My Maytag Neptune washer is throwing an error code d4. Help?

By Teri from Elyria, OH

Best Answer

Your manual should explain all the error codes. I really got a scare the first time I got an error code on my brand new sewing machine. I looked it up and found out my bottom thread was tangled. I hope yours is that simple. Mine turned out to be Code Red Operator Silliness. Hope yours is too.

February 14, 2014 Flag

I have a Maytag Neptune washer. I was washing a small load when the unit stopped with a code ND. There is dirty water in drum. It won't spin or drain.

By John

Best Answer

The User Guide for my Neptune washer suggests checking for a kinked drain hose or a plugged stand pipe if you get error code ND. If you still have problems you could call their customer service line at 1-888-462-9824.

April 22, 2015 Flag

The code OE comes up. What does it mean?

By Pamela B

I have an lg washer and OE means either a clogged or pinched drain hose.

Read More Answers...

January 2, 2015 Flag

I have a Maytag Bravo 400 quiet series washer. I am getting the code "DL" and it won't start.

By Dolly D from TX

That's door lock. Your door isn't locking for some reason. The washer won't start if the door isn't completely shut.

If the door seems to be locking fine there may be an electrical problem.

Check and see if you're still under warranty with this washer.

Read More Answers...

September 23, 2014 Flag

It looks like my front loading Maytag will not go into the wash cycle and displays an error code F30. I have been unable to locate its meaning. Anyone know?

By James

I had the same thing on my Kenmore and my book said unbalance but after several attempts of balance, cleaning, on and on I called the company out to fix it and the belt was loose and needed to be replaced. I also got it again and cleaned all the dispensers, inside the drum, checked under the rubber that goes around the drum found a couple lonely socks, no idea why and not ever again did it show up. Still a mystery.

Read More Answers...

March 30, 2015 Flag

The washer was not used for 2 months. Now every load gives ol code. It is not overloaded. I even get the code if my washer is empty.

By Ib

You do not provide to washer manufacturer make so not sure of the OL code. May mean something is stuck in the works somewhere, a drag on the drive, or the control board is failing. Need a technician to take the washer apart to find the problem.

March 21, 2015 Flag

How do I clear the long drain code?

By Randy

It would help if you would provide the make, model, year, etc., of the washer as not all codes are the same.

March 17, 2015 Flag

How do I clear the "long drain" error code?

By Randy

Would help if you provide the washer brand and the code number as codes may be different by the manufacturer.

March 7, 2015 Flag

What does F12 on a Maytag 3000 washer mean?

By G from C

The Maytag product manual has all codes and their meanings. You can also contact Maytag directly by phone or email from this site:

http://www.maytag.com/support/

September 28, 2013 Flag

I am getting the code 5D on my top load washing machine model # mvw8450wq1.

By Linda

Here is the customer service line for Maytag

http://www.maytag.com/contact-us/

March 1, 2014 Flag

My Maytag Neptune washer is flashing an error code that looks like an upside down "F" and an "E". It won't run. Any help?

By James F.

Me, too! That code isn't listed anywhere online or in the manual. And you can't google because the upside down "F" isn't a letter you can type to search. Ugghh!! Anyone else get that mystery code?

Read More Answers...

February 13, 2015 Flag

My washer started and then stopped, flashing the error code FL. What is the problem?

By Joey J.

The name, model, etc., of your washer would help here as most manufacturers use their own codes for problems. However, I tried an online search for the code and found that Kenmore washers use the FL code for problems with the water pump. I copied an answer on the "shopyourway" website here:

The water in the tub can be drained by lowering the drain hose to the ground over a small catch pan. The 1st image below shows the path of the water in drain. If the drain hose is lowered then gravity should allow the water to drain out. If you lower the hose and no water comes out then there is a blockage in the hose or the pump.

If no water drained out when the drain hose was lowered then I recommend first removing the hoses connected to the pump and check for obstructions.

To access the pump you will need to lay the washer on its back and remove the bottom access panel. See the 3rd image to access and change the drain pump.

Of course the flood switch could be bad or suds in the machine can cause a false FL code but check the pump and the hoses first. Of course, you may require a service tech to diagnose and correct the problem for you.

Load More
        Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersMarch 28, 2013
        Whirlpool Washer
        Whirlpool Washer Error Codes
        A bed in a bedroom.
        Electric Blanket Error Codes
        Codes on Food Packaging
        Codes on Food Packaging
        Bread Machine
        Bread Machine Error Codes
        © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 29, 2016 at 12:11:43 AM on 10.0.1.131 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.