Maytag Washer Error Codes

Your washer has stopped working and is flashing a code on the display. This is a guide about Maytag washer error codes.

washing machine
Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

I have a Maytag 9000 series front load washer. I had an error code "f28". The repair man came out said it was the motor control panel so they replaced it. Now its throwing an "f99" code and nobody can figure it out do you have any ideas?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What does e2 mean?

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a Maytag Maxima steam x front load washer. I have had to call a repair tech once and it cost $200. In mid cycle it throws e01 and f08 codes, the door will not unlock and there is no power. It just did it again a week after repair. Here is my tip. I kept unplugging the power cord and plugging it back in over and over for about 15 minutes, continuously. It finally unlocked and reset itself. I wish I had tried this to begin with. Just don't give up, keep messing with it until it catches.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

What is error code F20?

By Nancy T.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
        Best Answer

You can try a search yourself or the actual Maytag explanation site:

http://www.maytag.com/product-help/ ... -f20-or-fh-front-load-washer/PH5130/

I have a Maytag front load washer. Once I set the cycle the estimated time remaining shows the proper time, like "45 minutes". Once I start the machine, it starts to fill with water (I'm not sure if it fills completely), then it often will start to wash a bit. Next, it beeps and the display in the estimated time remaining flashes a "H" then a "F", but will not complete the cycle. It just continues to flash these to letters (one after the other). I don't know what it means or how I can get it to wash.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a Maytag front load washer, model MFW9600SQO. The F02 and SUD codes show up during washing even though I have done the following: Replaced water pump and strainer. Cleaned out behind the door gasket, cleaned out ball on top of drain at the bottom of the washer. Inspected hose from pump to drain pipe for blockage and found none. Identified that water is flowing into and out of washer. I have unplugged the washer overnight. I have run machine without soap 3-4 times.

I can get it to run, but get the FO2 and SUD code towards the end of wash cycle. If I press the off button once and start button twice I can get it to continue to run, but this has to be repeated every 3 minutes or so until the was is done. What do I do now?

By William B.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
          Best Answer

I copied this answer from a website called fixya.com. Hope this helps.

If it's not draining properly and shows this F02 Code there may be a simple solution. Take the bottom front panel off (it has 3 screws.) There will be an off white circular plastic thing there. Resembles the top to a cannister. Twist it off. There will be a good bit of water if it hasn't drained properly. I put a cookie sheet under it to catch most of the water. Once you completely unscrew the top off hopefully your problem will be right there. Unbelievable... we found 2 socks, a glove, a bead, coins and don't ask me but there was a nail in there as well. I was so happy that we didn't need to pay a repair man.

Read More Answers...

My Maytag Neptune washer is throwing an error code d4. Help?

By Teri from Elyria, OH

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
          Best Answer

Your manual should explain all the error codes. I really got a scare the first time I got an error code on my brand new sewing machine. I looked it up and found out my bottom thread was tangled. I hope yours is that simple. Mine turned out to be Code Red Operator Silliness. Hope yours is too.

I have a Maytag Neptune washer. I was washing a small load when the unit stopped with a code ND. There is dirty water in drum. It won't spin or drain.

By John

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
          Best Answer

The User Guide for my Neptune washer suggests checking for a kinked drain hose or a plugged stand pipe if you get error code ND. If you still have problems you could call their customer service line at 1-888-462-9824.

The code OE comes up. What does it mean?

By Pamela B

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have an lg washer and OE means either a clogged or pinched drain hose.

Read More Answers...

I have a Maytag Bravo 400 quiet series washer. I am getting the code "DL" and it won't start.

By Dolly D from TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

That's door lock. Your door isn't locking for some reason. The washer won't start if the door isn't completely shut.

If the door seems to be locking fine there may be an electrical problem.

Check and see if you're still under warranty with this washer.

Read More Answers...

It looks like my front loading Maytag will not go into the wash cycle and displays an error code F30. I have been unable to locate its meaning. Anyone know?

By James

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I had the same thing on my Kenmore and my book said unbalance but after several attempts of balance, cleaning, on and on I called the company out to fix it and the belt was loose and needed to be replaced. I also got it again and cleaned all the dispensers, inside the drum, checked under the rubber that goes around the drum found a couple lonely socks, no idea why and not ever again did it show up. Still a mystery.

Read More Answers...

The washer was not used for 2 months. Now every load gives ol code. It is not overloaded. I even get the code if my washer is empty.

By Ib

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You do not provide to washer manufacturer make so not sure of the OL code. May mean something is stuck in the works somewhere, a drag on the drive, or the control board is failing. Need a technician to take the washer apart to find the problem.

How do I clear the long drain code?

By Randy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

It would help if you would provide the make, model, year, etc., of the washer as not all codes are the same.

How do I clear the "long drain" error code?

By Randy

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Would help if you provide the washer brand and the code number as codes may be different by the manufacturer.

What does F12 on a Maytag 3000 washer mean?

By G from C

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The Maytag product manual has all codes and their meanings. You can also contact Maytag directly by phone or email from this site:

http://www.maytag.com/support/

My washer started and then stopped, flashing the error code FL. What is the problem?

By Joey J.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The name, model, etc., of your washer would help here as most manufacturers use their own codes for problems. However, I tried an online search for the code and found that Kenmore washers use the FL code for problems with the water pump. I copied an answer on the "shopyourway" website here:

The water in the tub can be drained by lowering the drain hose to the ground over a small catch pan. The 1st image below shows the path of the water in drain. If the drain hose is lowered then gravity should allow the water to drain out. If you lower the hose and no water comes out then there is a blockage in the hose or the pump.

If no water drained out when the drain hose was lowered then I recommend first removing the hoses connected to the pump and check for obstructions.

To access the pump you will need to lay the washer on its back and remove the bottom access panel. See the 3rd image to access and change the drain pump.

Of course the flood switch could be bad or suds in the machine can cause a false FL code but check the pump and the hoses first. Of course, you may require a service tech to diagnose and correct the problem for you.

photo of displayI received a code oL on estimated time remaining. What does that mean?

By Lynn S.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

If it isn't overloaded, there may be something stuck between the wash basket and the rest of the machine. Removing the basket may dislodge it.

In case it's just an overload, try washing fewer clothes at one time. Clothes should reach no higher than the top of the basket before they get wet and not have to be pressed down.

I am getting the code 5D on my top load washing machine model # mvw8450wq1.

By Linda

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Here is the customer service line for Maytag

http://www.maytag.com/contact-us/

I have Maytag dishwasher model MDW700EDWG. It is showing error code F7 when I power on the machine. Can you help me to provide more information on this code?

By Milind

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

The product manual that came with your machine will have the code meaning. Also, the Maytag website can help with your problem.

What is an A7 error code? My Maytag front loader has this error will not spin after the wash cycle.

By Joel K.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can check your product manual for the code, contact the store where purchased or contact the manufacturer's customer service.

What does it mean when it's flashing F13?

By Betty

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Every manufacturer has different codes so without knowing your washer's manufacturer, no answer. You can get this information in your product booklet or online at the manufacturer's website.

Load More
          Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing WashersMarch 28, 2013
          Whirlpool Washer
          Whirlpool Washer Error Codes
          A bed in a bedroom.
          Electric Blanket Error Codes
          Codes on Food Packaging
          Codes on Food Packaging
          Bread Machine
          Bread Machine Error Codes
          © 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 30, 2016 at 12:04:58 AM on 10.0.2.93 in 729 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.