Recipes Using Soy Nuts

I have about 3 cups of soy nuts that I don't know what to do with. I believe they are all salted. i have tried eating them and really don't like them. I can give them away but as I am very tight on food, I would like to try to use them.

Thank you in advance.

Sandy from Baltimore, MD

you could try mixing them in a trail mix with dried fruits, rasins, chocolate chips, or whatever you like. You could also try them as a substitute for baked goods that call for peanuts.

Good luck, I have tried them and I liked them, maybe they are an aquired taste?

Krista

I'd finely grind them in the food processor, store them in the freezer and then when I made bread I'd substitute some for some of the flour, a couple of tablespoons per cup of flour, or in addition to the flour. They could be used in any savory baked goods as part of the flour, but I'd use them in yeast breads.

Susan

You can make soynut butter by grinding them up in a food processor until creamy. You can probably find a recipe online. Also, they are a nice crunchy topping for salads.

check out the website westonaprice.org and see what they say about soy products. there may be a good reason they don't taste good to you. you may have a problem with soy. trust your instincts (or your tongue) if you must use them, make pet food or see if the birds will eat them.

I found this site on the web, with 25 recipes for using soy nuts.

http://fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=soy+NUTS+

Worth a try. I had a child born at 6 1/2 months (my baby who is now 36) with allergies to cows milk, wheat, eggs, chicken and dozens of other things. She lived on soy products, rice and lamb til she was 8, and by then outgrew the problems and is now a healthy mom herself.

try to do a mix or candy them it might help.

Sandy,

If you have cake recipes calling for peanuts, almonds, etc. perhaps you could sub an equal amt. of the soy nuts. If the persons eating the cake doesn't know, will they be able to detect the difference?? (o;

Ross

hi sandy63 here. there is a thin onion skin on them. i can peel it off them i guess.

I hear when you bake with them, they taste like peanuts. I don't know, I had some soy nuts and didn't care for them. I gave them away. But since you're 'tight on food', see if your pal or neighbor, or co-worker has something he or she can trade with you, for them.

Tofu
Recipes Using Soy
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceAugust 16, 2006
Using Soy Flour
Using Soy Flour
Cracked Pistachio Nuts
Freezing Pistachio Nuts
A pile of shelled pine nuts
Recipes Using Pine Nuts
Soy candle in a glass jar.
Making Soy Massage Candles
🎉
🎄