Eggplant Plant Not Bearing Fruit

My fiances grandfather died and we got his eggplant to put in the ground. Since we've transplanted it, it continuously flowers but I cannot get it to bear fruit. It's been in the ground for about a month now. It is in direct sunlight as directed and is watered infrequently. The plant looks healthy overall and all of my other vegetables are doing magnificent, but this one is frustrating me to NO avail. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Hardiness Zone: 10b

Jillian from Jupiter, FL

Answers

You might try pollinating the flowers with a feather. Just touch each flower lightly inside to transfer pollen from one blossom to the next. I've heard that the bee population is way down this year, so this may work as a substitute for the bees.

September 20, 2011 Flag

I have a nice size eggplant bush, it flowers, but they fall off without producing the fruit. I have fed the bush with Miracle Gro liquid fertilizer. What else can I do to get it to produce?

By Jo from Sacramento, CA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You can take a flower that looks about ready to fall off or die and then rub it inside the other flowers to cross-pollinate them. Rub gently so you don't damage the existing flowers.

I haven't used this on eggplant but it worked with many other veggies.

Growing Eggplant
Growing Eggplant
Home and Garden Gardening GrowingMarch 14, 2007
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
Zucchini Plant Not Growing Fruit
man attaching plant to a stake
Staking Garden Plants
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
cherry cobbler
Fruit Cobbler Recipes
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 1:15:29 AM on 10.0.2.71 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.