Give a Year of Gifts

Because we have many family birthdays throughout the year, I have tried to always purchase ahead to defray the cost of several birthdays that fall in one month. This year I decided to give three of our family members "a year of gifts". After each holiday, I purchased items for 50-75 off, such as Valentines towels for 75 off, fall placemats, hand lotion, and put them away. I also collected useful but inexpensive items such as paper notebooks, candles, and ornaments as I saw them for sale. I wrapped each item in tissue paper, labeled them with a month and gave them to the recipient to begin the year of opening one gift per month (an item that would be used in that month). Overall, the gifts were appreciated and actually cost less than we usually spend!

By Sally from Edwardsville, IL

There's way too many in our family to give gifts, so we do not give any body gifts but if we just happen to be together we take them out to lunch, good luck.

That sounds like a really good idea. We have 8 people to buy for (4 kids and their spouses), and this would save us some money! Thanks for the tip!

Several wrapped gifts.
Saving Money on Gifts
Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceMarch 17, 2009
White Folder Comforter
Cleaning Comforters
Freebies wrapped as gifts.
Collecting Freebies for Gifts
Christmas Gifts
Drawing Names for Christmas Gifts
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts