Candy Cane Christmas Stocking Tree
If your house is going to be as full as mine this year and you don't have a fireplace "to hang your stockings by the chimney with care", here is a great solution. Three of my children live in Colorado with me. Between the three of them, they have 6 little boys. We soon ran out of places to hang our Christmas stockings so my husband (brave man that he is ) came up with this so we could hang all of our Christmas stockings on it.
Time to complete: It took one afternoon to build it but took a couple of days outside to dry. You can decrease drying time by having it dry inside.
- 1 4x4 inch post (Cut to however high you need it. Mine is 6 feet tall, using a four by four that my husband had left over from a deck repair.)
- 4 pieces of 2x2 inch for the legs, cut
- red and white glossy paint
- ruler for drawing diagonal lines
- cup hooks
- one Santa hat for the top (optional)
- Now my stockings overlap a little on the post, but you can measure your stockings and place the cup hooks accordingly.
- First start by cutting your 4 by 4 to the length you want.
- Cut your 2x2s 1 foot long.
- Draw diagonal lines on the post just like a big candy cane. Now paint it red and white.
- Attach one foot to each side of the post so they stick out to stabilize your post.
- Add your cup hooks where you need them after the paint has dried.
- If you want to decorate the top, you can stuff a Santa hat with Walmart bags and hot glue to the top. I plan this year to add a old light fixture globe on the top to make it look like a candy cane lamp post.
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 14, 20070 found this helpful
Great Idea. We have a wood burning stove and no mantle. It's also kind of hot to hang anything near. Your idea will work perfectly for us. Thank you so much for sharing.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on December 10, 2016 at 4:24:20 PM on 10.0.1.129 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us