Cleaning Linoleum

I would like to know a natural homemade cleaner or household product that is a neutral cleaner that I can use for my linoleum floor. I want to make sure I'm using something that won't strip the finish. Yet, I don't want to have to use a commercial product with all the harmful chemicals. I read in one place to use club soda, but I don't know if it is neutral

Peggy Rose from Fremont, CA

I use a solution of 50/50 white vinegar & water on my linoleum. It cleans well, destroys bacteria, helps with odors and doesn't strip the finish.

I only use vinegar and water. I don't even measure it. I fill the sink or bucket half way with water and pour in around a half cup of vinegar. It doesn't smell so good at first but the results are wonderful. I've been cleaning floor like this for over twenty years. I get compliments from family and friends about how clean my floor looks. In between cleaning I use baby wipes for spills. If there is ever a mark,like from shoes I might sprinkle a little bar keeper's friend on a baby wipe. It works every time!

Jennifer CA

I also use vinegar and water. It works well and the smell disappears once the floor is dry.

Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Linoleum Floors
Home and Garden Cleaning FloorsDecember 4, 2006
A can of blue paint.
Painting Vinyl (or Linoleum) Flooring
Installing Vinyl Tile Over Old Linoleum Tile
Cleaning Discolored Linoleum
🎉
🎄