Festive Silver or Gold Pumpkins
Sounds crazy, but it looks great! Use your uncarved pumpkins from Halloween and spray paint them silver or gold. Add a plaid Christmas ribbon and voila, a masterpiece! People always stop and ask about mine.
Materials and Equipment:
- several sheets of newspaper
- one or more pumpkins, any size
- silver or gold spray paint
- ribbon (I like to use a plaid ribbon as it offsets the metallic color nicely)
- masking tape
- Create this craft outside or in a well-ventilated garage. Clean and dry the pumpkin before starting. Clear a table or place on the ground and cover it with newspaper to avoid getting paint on the area.
- Wrap masking tape around the stem of the pumpkin to prevent it from being painted.
- Holding the pumpkin by the stem, spray the entire pumpkin with gold or silver spray paint. One coat should be enough. Just make sure the entire surface of the pumpkin is covered and no orange is showing through under the paint layer.
- Set on the newspaper to dry overnight in a place that is protected from the rain.
- Repeat steps two through four for each pumpkin you have.
- Once your pumpkin is completely dry, remove the masking tape covering the stem. Wrap a ribbon around the stem several times and tie it in a bow.
- Place in full view and enjoy the curious glances from passers by! Be sure to keep your pumpkin out of the rain.
December 5, 20050 found this helpful
That's really cool, I love that idea!! Who knew pumpkins would make a cool decoration for more than just Halloween!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 27, 2016 at 4:05:37 AM on 10.0.1.94 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us