Festive Silver or Gold Pumpkins
Sounds crazy, but it looks great! Use your uncarved pumpkins from Halloween and spray paint them silver or gold. Add a plaid Christmas ribbon and voila, a masterpiece! People always stop and ask about mine.
Materials and Equipment:
- several sheets of newspaper
- one or more pumpkins, any size
- silver or gold spray paint
- ribbon (I like to use a plaid ribbon as it offsets the metallic color nicely)
- masking tape
- Create this craft outside or in a well-ventilated garage. Clean and dry the pumpkin before starting. Clear a table or place on the ground and cover it with newspaper to avoid getting paint on the area.
- Wrap masking tape around the stem of the pumpkin to prevent it from being painted.
- Holding the pumpkin by the stem, spray the entire pumpkin with gold or silver spray paint. One coat should be enough. Just make sure the entire surface of the pumpkin is covered and no orange is showing through under the paint layer.
- Set on the newspaper to dry overnight in a place that is protected from the rain.
- Repeat steps two through four for each pumpkin you have.
- Once your pumpkin is completely dry, remove the masking tape covering the stem. Wrap a ribbon around the stem several times and tie it in a bow.
- Place in full view and enjoy the curious glances from passers by! Be sure to keep your pumpkin out of the rain.
Read feedback for this post below.
Click here to post feedback.
That's really cool, I love that idea!! Who knew pumpkins would make a cool decoration for more than just Halloween!
Add your voice to the conversation.