Freeze Roasted Garlic Cloves

If you find yourself with more garlic than you can use up, try roasting it and freezing for later. I usually cook them at 350 degrees F for about an hour. It is usually done when you start to smell the roasting garlic.

I used to cut off the end of a whole bulb and bake it, wrapped in foil with olive oil. But it is very messy to remove the individual cloves like this. If you take the garlic apart before roasting, it is is much easier to remove the skins. Some of them won't be perfect, so I just save those in a bowl for adding to soups or sauces.

I then put the whole ones on a baking sheet and freeze them, moving them to a zip top bag when they are completely frozen. I then use them in pasta and on pizza.

By jess from Hillsboro, OR

Food and Recipes FreezingDecember 14, 2009
Roasted Bell Pepper
Roasted Bell Pepper Recipes
Freezing Garlic
Freezing Garlic
Roasted Garlic
Making Roasted Garlic
Woman with bad breath covering her mouth.
Getting Rid of Garlic Breath
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 18, 2016 at 2:48:43 PM on 10.0.1.90 in 991 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.