Deeli's Asparagus Salad
- 1 1/2 lb. medium asparagus
- 1 cucumber
- 1 basket cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 3/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup nonpareil capers
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Parmesan cheese to taste, shredded
- sourdough bread, sliced
- unsalted butter, room temperature
- Snap off and discard the tough ends of asparagus. Snap each spear into three or four pieces. Bring a medium pot of water to boil (salted if desired).
- Prepare an ice bath. Boil asparagus until just tender, about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain asparagus and ice bath right away.
- Once asparagus is cooled, drain and place on dry, clean kitchen towel.
- In a small bowl, whisk red wine vinegar and olive oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and then cut into 1/2 inch slices. Cut red onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- In a large bowl, combine and toss asparagus, cucumber, tomatoes, red onions, olives, and capers. Add vinaigrette and toss again until salad is coated. Sprinkle well with Parmesan if desired.
- Serve with sour dough bread and butter.
Note: Any leftover salad will remain fresh for up to three days in the refrigerator.
By Deeli from Richland, WA
July 9, 20080 found this helpful
that looks yummy!
i used to make a summer asparagus salad using the same method of cooking and cooling the asparagus. I used fresh strawberries and bib lettuce and used a raspberry vinaigrette dressing. the sourdough would go well with that, too.
thanks for the reminder!!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on August 20, 2016 at 12:00:43 PM on 10.0.1.216 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us