By JustPlainJo from Springfield, OH
Read feedback for this post below. Click here to post feedback.
I'm thankful for each and every one of those programs, Deeli - even while I chafe under the necessity of relying on them. But at least the bills are getting paid. Even if there are only a few pennies left over at the end of the month.
I know, JPJ :-( I too am in the below poverty level. At least there are still programs that help those like you, I, GGVi and others.
I was glad to share the word, Deeli. We're still in the "below-poverty-level" category, so get help even with our basic premium. I feel for GG Vi and anyone else having to pay more for even basic care.
Just want to add that there is no need to panic and think that Medicare Part B is going to be raised by $20.00 for 2012 yet because no benefit premium price increases have been officially announced. Here are some details:
27 percent of Medicare beneficiaries are paying the basic rate. The rest, 73 percent, are paying less under a hold harmless provision. Most are still paying $96.40. Medicare Office of the Actuary projections as of February 2011:
I personally am not in the hold harlmess category and pay $115.40 per month, $19.00 more a month than the 73% hold harmless currently pay and more than the projection for 2012 and 2013. If your premiums do go up please just know that you won't be alone in paying a high premium.
Don't go spending it to soon. DH just saw on TV that they will increase our payment to Medicare about $20 of that raise. But we'll wait and see.
I heard this on the news and am elated! The cost of everything is going up and a small raise to help balance the budget when you're on a fixed income is very much needed. Thanks so much for sharing the information and especially for those who might not have heard about it yet. :-)
Add your voice to the conversation.